Looking for some guidance..

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Mil_AME
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:59 am

Looking for some guidance..

Post by Mil_AME »

I'm sure this question has been brought up numerous times but I'm new to the site and looking for some guidance on the correct study material to write my E AME exams. I currently have 20+ years in the Military as an Avionics Tech and worked on several different aircraft.

I heard Jeppesen and A&P can help me alot...Is there specific books I should purchase for the E exams..??...I was told I should go to the local college that offers AME in the program and buy their reference manuals...Does anyone think is a good idea..??

Does anyone know if there is an online sample question bank or does someone have some sample questions..??

Thanks a million in advance.
---------- ADS -----------
 
avyonx
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Looking for some guidance..

Post by avyonx »

If you have 20 years as an avionics Tech I highly doubt that you will need to study up. However, two good books I would suggest are both from Jeppesen: Avionics Fundamentals and A&P Technician General Textbook. There are also general questions from Chapter 11 & 12 in the AC43.13 you should read up on too. It is available online from the FAA website. If you are already doing sheet metal work or are wanting too in the field I also recommend the Jeppesen A&P Airframe book. It has great info on metal selection and antenna mounting considerations. Good Luck!

P.S. I'd concentrate more on the CARS exam then the Tech ones.........
---------- ADS -----------
 
AME 283
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:30 am

Re: Looking for some guidance..

Post by AME 283 »

:prayer: Suggest you contact the local TC office to ensure your training meets the TC requirements or they will not even let you write. Pull up the TC staff instructions MSI 18 and make sure you have your Ts dotted or you will get the royal run around :prayer:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Maintenance”