Hiding the truth...

Any comments or suggestions can be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, avcanada

snoopy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Hiding the truth...

Post by snoopy »

That's what jumps out at me when I see the new "Accidents, Incidents and Overdue Aircraft" forum. The mainstream AvCanada user checks the latest "news" in the General forum - why hide this really important information where people are less likely to see it? Shades of Transport Canada's classic Ostrich statement: "We're the safest country in the world" shining through on this one.

Cheers,
Kirsten B.
---------- ADS -----------

“Never interrupt someone doing something you said couldn’t be done.” Amelia Earhart
angry inch
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Hiding the truth...

Post by angry inch »

It's one extra "click"... not exactly hidden. I think it's a good idea because if someone is looking, the information doesn't get lost in a sea of General posts. There are plenty of accidents that occur that don't get reported on Avcanada, or even the official CADORS site.

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

As AI says, it's one extra click away.

Contribute to the new forum and people will see new posts. I'm not sure why some are viewing this from a negative place of "hiding," when it can as easily be viewed that this subject area has now grown in importance to justify its own forum. It is the third Forum down the list... pretty easy to find.

Half full, half empty.

stl

Prairie Chicken
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Prairie Chicken »

I'm with Snoopy on this one. I tend to only check in General Comments with only occasional forays into a couple of other topics that I enjoy. I was starting to think all was calm, and boring, in the Canadian aviation world.

Too many folders makes it difficult to find files. I'd rather see the 'Moved' function used more often rather than a having to check a series of folders to see if anything new was happening.

As far as this forum getting boring, I was thinking that was just because . has reclused himself. :P

Last edited by Prairie Chicken on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prairie Chicken
Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

Agreed with Snoopy, in fact, I was going to start a post on the exact same topic. I feel it is a disservice to the board. Mind you, when I sign in, I know enough to click on the "view new posts" button so the positioning doesn't make a difference. Most people, however, do not do that. We are taking our most relevant piece of information and tucking it away from where most people expect to see it. Considering that most people just duck in and duck out, these posts will go unread. This forum isn't as vibrant and active as it once was, so most people that I know jump in, check for accidents, jobs, or something interesting and leave.

Maybe you guys can start an RCMP bashing sub-forum since that is the most frequent topic on this aviation website.

Return to “Forum Suggestion and Announcements”