Lifestyle --- Aviation and Baby sitting

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
level510
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:13 pm
Location: YYC

Lifestyle --- Aviation and Baby sitting

Post by level510 »

I figured we were not alone and others must have this problem and here it is: I'm a pilot and I work contract in North Afica (month on month off), up to now my wife has had a 8am to 4:30 pm office job that truly sucked, she's just been offered a great job back in Aviation (ground ops staff) ---- problem is there's shift work 50% of the time (midnight to 8am). We have absolutly zero family in town. When I'm back for my month off no problem (so it's really two weeks out of six there's a problem). Anyone have any suggestions how others are coping???
---------- ADS -----------
 
Drop Bags Bar
N8
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:28 am

Post by N8 »

Is a nanny an option?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Fly1
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:46 pm

Post by Fly1 »

Try looking into private daycares, some actually do have kids stay overnight because of this...and they will accomodate rotating shifts :) .

Hope this helps.

Fly1
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
corn-shoot
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:06 am
Location: Entrails, SK

Post by corn-shoot »

Never had a problem with my kids, even the tomahawk I used to chase buffalo off of cliffs with had a baggage area that would support 100lbs. Get yourself some nice tie-downs...you're good to go.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”