This seems off. The point and pardon me while I attempt logic, you know that one fails me sometimes, should be to get a signature of someone other than yourself to witness it. Kind of like getting a document notorized.Hedley wrote:If you fly solo (or PIC, doesn't matter) in a privately-registered aircraft, get the owner to certify your personal logbook. You may be the owner of the aircraft. No problem. Make the entry in your personal logbook:
"As the owner of C-FLCK, I certify that the times in this personal log from Jan 1, 1901 to Jan 1, 1902 on C-FLCK correspond to those in the journey log". Sign and date it.
I have certified my own logbook, as the owner of the aircraft.
Missing PTR
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore
- Beefitarian
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6618
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am
- Location: A couple of meters away from others.
- Shiny Side Up
- Top Poster

- Posts: 5335
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:02 pm
- Location: Group W bench
Re: Missing PTR
The point of signatures and certifications and what not is actually really moot. If TC decides a signature or entry isn't valid, is suddenly becomes not valid. Been round and round on this one a ton of times. They are always however impressed by a large collection of paper, so collect it in abundance. I will also say that they are much more impressed by old fashioned rubber stamps on stuff too, so get those if one can.
I don't know how many times as an AP I've been accused of making forgeries of my own paperwork. "I don't trust your signature" I've been told on multiple occasions. Why they let me do it is beyond me, since I'm apparently not very trustworthy.
I don't know how many times as an AP I've been accused of making forgeries of my own paperwork. "I don't trust your signature" I've been told on multiple occasions. Why they let me do it is beyond me, since I'm apparently not very trustworthy.
We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
Re: Missing PTR
Don't try to make sense of it. It simply is the wayThis seems off
it is, and in fact is a very minor curiousity in the
paperwork world. If you live in the paperwork world
for very long, you will discover many oddities.
For example:
Person A has qualification X which is about to expire.
Person B signs off Person A's qualification X to renew it.
Soon afterwards, Person B's qualification X is about to
expire. Person A then signs off Person B's qualification X.
Note that Person B originally signed off on Person A's
qualification X so that Person A could sign off on Person B's
qualification X.
Distressingly circular - everyone appears to take in everyone
else's laundry, but there you have it. Don't try to make sense
of it. It simply is the way it is.
Morale of the story: if you have some rabbits already, it is
easy to get more rabbits. If you don't have any rabbits, you
can't get any rabbits.
- Beefitarian
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6618
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am
- Location: A couple of meters away from others.