Airline Interview Preparation

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tzu
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Airline Interview Preparation

Post by tzu »

Seen this video. Don't bother wasting your money.

Just another gimmick aimed at desperate pilots who are willing to try anything, and spend everything to land that air carrier job.

It's actually a ridiculous video. More like role playing. Any/All of their questions asked can be found with a quick google search or avcanada search on interview tips/questions. Nothing new here.

Gimmick.

Money better spent on a 2-4 case of pops.
---------- ADS -----------

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

What kind of flying experience/hours do you have Josiejoy ?

Thanks for the tip!

JOSIEJOY
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JOSIEJOY »

Sorry you felt that way Tzu, It sounds like you didn't get the job! Anyway it really helped me and I just wanted to share it with others.

I have 270 hours, I have to go to Adelaide and do an abridged course to get my Hong Kong CPL then back to Honkers for my Jet rating.

Good Luck to all out there

Josie

tzu
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tzu »

Looks like josiejoke didn't like the negative feedback on the DVD video he recommended.

So much for that "1st time" imposter. I mean poster.

Good luck with that Cathay Cadet Selection.

For those of you wondering which video was being mentioned to waste your time, patience and money - it's the "Complete Airline Interview Course" (DVD)

First posted by Josie joke - now at Cathay apparently - and somehow his post and recommendation has now disappeared.

skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skybaron »

JOSIEJOY wrote: I have 270 hours, I have to go to Adelaide and do an abridged course to get my Hong Kong CPL then back to Honkers for my Jet rating.

Good Luck to all out there

Josie

270 hours. :shock:

IF (a mighty big if) Cathay hired you to fly with only 270 hrs, then they will never see me board their aircraft. Ever.

:shock:

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

Cathay has been hiring 0hr pilots for a long time into their cadetship. They've recently opened the program up to non-nationals too. I know a few canadians who were hired with 250hrs. They accept cadets with flight time as well, up to 1500hrs I think. The big catch though is that they no longer offer housing allowance. So if you're hired, you've got to worry about finding and funding your own housing, which is not cheap in HKG.

‎"Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly." - Mother Theresa
skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skybaron »

TopperHarley wrote:Cathay has been hiring 0hr pilots for a long time into their cadetship. They've recently opened the program up to non-nationals too. I know a few canadians who were hired with 250hrs. They accept cadets with flight time as well, up to 1500hrs I think. The big catch though is that they no longer offer housing allowance. So if you're hired, you've got to worry about finding and funding your own housing, which is not cheap in HKG.
Wow.

Return to “Employment Forum”