AvCanada Sluggish again?
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
AvCanada Sluggish again?
Seems like it's sluggish again, at least in my area.
- YYZSaabGuy
- Rank 8

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:32 am
- Location: On glideslope.
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
Agonizingly slow - rough estimate is 7-10 seconds per page load/refresh.
-
Big Pistons Forever
- Top Poster

- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:17 pm
- Location: West Coast
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
Posting on Avcanada is like watching a Cessna 206 Amphib with 5 pax onboard trying to takeoff on a no wind day 
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
That could take a long run based on my speed here tonite...Big Pistons Forever wrote:Posting on Avcanada is like watching a Cessna 206 Amphib with 5 pax onboard trying to takeoff on a no wind day
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
I thought it was a problem with my computer or ISP. What usually takes me 5 minutes to do on AVCANADA is now taking 20 minutes.
Now that I know its a problem on the other side of the fence I will just do my surfing on sites that work.
Now that I know its a problem on the other side of the fence I will just do my surfing on sites that work.
-
Jastapilot
- Rank 8

- Posts: 832
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:42 pm
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
i thought it was me too. This afternoon was brutally slow. Much better tonight, but slower than usual.
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
I concur, slow from 5pm onwards here in Toronto.
This is a free forum, one that has proven absolutely invalulable for those either looking for work, looking to improve the industry, or simply kill a few hours being avatards. Absolutely invaluable.
If we as users would like the best experience (which I'm sure we do) what can we do?
If the issue is bandwidth, can we help out financially? For my 3 years of use I'm more than willing to support the cause.
This is a free forum, one that has proven absolutely invalulable for those either looking for work, looking to improve the industry, or simply kill a few hours being avatards. Absolutely invaluable.
If we as users would like the best experience (which I'm sure we do) what can we do?
If the issue is bandwidth, can we help out financially? For my 3 years of use I'm more than willing to support the cause.
-
Bent wrench
- Rank 1

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:36 pm
- Location: Alcatraz
-
flyinthebug
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1689
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:36 am
- Location: CYPA
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
Been slow here for almost 2 days now. Better this morning, but last night was really slowwwwwwww.
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
I'm surprised this thread isn't locked, it's less aviation related than the Chinese going to the moon thread. Back on topic, the site is slow at my house too.
- avcanada
- Rank Admin

- Posts: 12576
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:22 pm
- Location: Calgary AB, USA, Argentina
- Contact:
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
I think I found the error in the script and fixed the bug.
- Colonel Sanders
- Top Poster

- Posts: 7512
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:17 pm
- Location: Over Macho Grande
-
Valkyrie_XB70
- Rank 2

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:50 pm
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
Really? Slower than the second coming for me...
-
flyinthebug
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1689
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:36 am
- Location: CYPA
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
Joe just to keep you updated...It was back to normal this morning, then got sluggish again around 1400 today. Not bad right now but very unpredictable. It changes from one hour to the next? Good luck with working out the problem.
- cdnpilot77
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
Colonel Sanders wrote:It's unbelievably fast now!!
Grease Lightning fast!!
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
Seems lightning quick now, even though there are over 200 users browsing.
Re: AvCanada Sluggish again?
I'm finding it to be very slow again. FWIW it seems that it takes a long time to 'connect' to avcanada ("waiting for www.avcanada...), then once it connects the transfer isn't too bad.
Sometimes taking 15 sec to load up.
Sometimes taking 15 sec to load up.

