Line Captain Job Ad

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
User avatar
Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Various/based CYOW

Line Captain Job Ad

Post by Right Seat Captain »

I'm a little confused...
In this job ad: http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=183
Is Ontario Based Charter Company a real name for a company, or is this company just choosing to remain annonymous? If it's the latter, what are they hiding by choosing not to name themselves? The email doesn't even give a hint. Seems very suspicious to me...
---------- ADS -----------
 
v tech
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:00 am

Post by v tech »

I'm sure he/she doesn't feel like getting flooded with 100 calls a day from underqualified individuals.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Radio Phone
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:30 am
Location: Greyhound Bus Lines...

Post by Radio Phone »

See what happens, I'm sure everybody who has ever even looked at a King Air will have a resume going there - not to mention phone calls. The sectretary probably put the ad out, makes her/his life that much easier... :lol:

RP
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Various/based CYOW

Post by Right Seat Captain »

I'm sure your right, but personally I'd want to know who I'm applying for. It could be some nutty guy sitting at his computer in his cellar...just not enough info.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin
Posts: 12576
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:22 pm
Location: Calgary AB, USA, Argentina
Contact:

Job Ad

Post by avcanada »

The company wished to not have there name placed in the ad.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Various/based CYOW

Re: Job Ad

Post by Right Seat Captain »

avcanada wrote:The company wished to not have there name placed in the ad.
Fair enough. But I believe if a company is looking to hire somebody, in respect of those who apply, they should at least let them know who they are applying for. If it weren't for the fact that there's a shortage of jobs for pilots, I would expect not many people applying for an anonymous job.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”