Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore
Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
Maldivian Air Taxi at the beginning of the month had ANOTHER so called "fender bender." Wingtip clipped the water on landing and somehow the other wing hit too, both wings need replacing. As I understand the Captain and Copilot were back to work within 2 days because they are desperate for pilots and are writing it off as an incident, not an accident! No need to pass along the definition of either guys, thats not the point of this post....there are serious problems at that company, not only in the flight operations department, but obviously in maintenance as well. Reliable sources tell me there were also 5 engine failures in the last 2 months? - 4 on the same aircraft that was being released back into service without knowing the cause? Seriously, what sort of monkey is running this show???
They job post on this website looking for drivers, but honestly.....swim to the airplane and guaranteed 100hrs/month??? The last thing I would wanna do after working that hard is to swim to the plane. How many flights a day are these guys doing??? I know some are pretty short....Love to hear thoughts on this one..........any crew confirm details on here would be great!! You guys over there are rockstars for working so hard!! Be safe and know your limits!!!!!
They job post on this website looking for drivers, but honestly.....swim to the airplane and guaranteed 100hrs/month??? The last thing I would wanna do after working that hard is to swim to the plane. How many flights a day are these guys doing??? I know some are pretty short....Love to hear thoughts on this one..........any crew confirm details on here would be great!! You guys over there are rockstars for working so hard!! Be safe and know your limits!!!!!
Re: Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
Here a some stats from one Captain that works for MAT - 92.7hrs , 195 flights in 17 working days!
Can't believe that crews are tired and there is certainly no reason why they can't swim to retrieve their airplanes from the buoys each morning.
Canam2000 your sources are obviously in the know.
Can't believe that crews are tired and there is certainly no reason why they can't swim to retrieve their airplanes from the buoys each morning.
Canam2000 your sources are obviously in the know.
-
just curious
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 3592
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:29 am
- Location: The Frozen North
- Contact:
Re: Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
"Can't believe that crews are tired and there is certainly no reason why they can't swim to retrieve their airplanes from the buoys each morning."
Oh, I dunno CL, I can believe... And so can the dozen or so returning expats from last
month
Oh, I dunno CL, I can believe... And so can the dozen or so returning expats from last
month
-
Maldivesbound
- Rank 0

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 am
Re: Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
Hi guys! I am in the Dives right now. Given the nature of float flying in the Maldives... Things can happen and this type of flying can be so unforgiving.... It could happen to anybody.... Sure, the boys over at MAT are hard pressed for crew right now... Ken Simkins is back in Tuna Town so things will be in order shortly, I'm sure!! Don't forget at the end of the day we are all on the same team...
Fly safe out there!
Cheers
MB
Fly safe out there!
Cheers
MB
Re: Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
Just Curious I was just being facetious. I know how hard the work is there. Working for one company is like a stint at summer camp while the other is like attending army boot camp. Guess I don't have to explain which is which.
Heard there was another incident lately besides the one with the wing damage. Apparently another one ended up on the coral landing on north-right. Maybe someone should start looking at the fatigue factor!
Heard there was another incident lately besides the one with the wing damage. Apparently another one ended up on the coral landing on north-right. Maybe someone should start looking at the fatigue factor!
Re: Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
Not only do you get to swim to the plane, you also get to swim away from it! it's obviously a pilot problem, nothing to do with an absentee, don't give a shit owner. Oh ya, and the PhD (peckerhead deluxe) HR manager that is more concerned with your high school education than piloting skills or knowledge. Good luck Lars on your pilot attraction/retention program!
Don't forget to pack your speedos when you go there.
And monsoon season is just starting!!
Don't forget to pack your speedos when you go there.
And monsoon season is just starting!!
-
Meatservo
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2581
- Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:07 pm
- Location: Negative sequencial vortex
Re: Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
Aren't there sharks there?
Re: Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
No, the shark lives in Denmark!!
Re: Seriously.....Another Maldives Accident?????
... Float pilots... Ocean float pilots... Use your unique skills to judge your landing surface... This is our job/profession.
Fly safe... Saying no to operational pressure is cheaper than 2 wings.
Respectfully,
DN
Fly safe... Saying no to operational pressure is cheaper than 2 wings.
Respectfully,
DN

