How Air Canada pilots treat their passengers!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

How Air Canada pilots treat their passengers!

Post by thrust set »

http://bit.ly/1aMbnQF

Bet WestJet is laughing!
---------- ADS -----------

frosti
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: How Air Canada pilots treat their passengers!

Post by frosti »

This makes me like Air Canada even more. I love the no-bullshit approach to the whiny, self-entitled little pricks like this passenger. Should have kicked him out and made him walk to the terminal.

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

Couldn't agree more. We need more pilots like this! As soon as a person steps onto an aircraft they gain this incredible sense of entitlement and it doesn't hurt to knock them down a peg or two every now and then!

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

frosti wrote:This makes me like Air Canada even more. I love the no-bullshit approach to the whiny, self-entitled little pricks like this passenger. Should have kicked him out and made him walk to the terminal.
+1

The thread should be retitled to something like "How One Air Canada Pilot Treated One Passenger".
Don't pin it on the whole airline, please. That's suspiciously close to trolling.

A346Dude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by A346Dude »

frosti wrote:This makes me like Air Canada even more. I love the no-bullshit approach to the whiny, self-entitled little pricks like this passenger. Should have kicked him out and made him walk to the terminal.
Here's the thing. I'm sure the pax would have loved to walk to the terminal, but he was stuck on an airplane.

Is it really too much to ask pilots to make a 10 second announcement every once in a while so the less knowledgeable pax can understand why they are waiting? That's really all it takes. These are our customers after all.

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

I'm sure the pax would have loved to walk to the terminal, but he was stuck on an airplane.
Aren't there inflatable slides for times like that?

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

The pilot shouldn't have said what he said. However in his defense, the flight landed a half hour early, held in the holding area for 20 minutes during a red alert, and still arrived at the gate 5 minutes early. Not something to get worked up over if I were a passenger on the flight.

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

The problem is Yannick Charland is an ACPA union councillor based here in Toronto. He just made a comment against our President for not knowing how to talk to a National Post reporter. It's called irony Yannick. :lol:

As an instructor I can teach someone to fly the airbus, but I can't teach common sense !

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

That is most definitely not how Air Canada pilots treat their passengers.

My initial thought was wondering what kind of frustration this pilot was experiencing to have made such a foolish comment in social media under his own name. No one would do so if they had given it thoughtful consideration, so it had to have been impulsive. Air Canada pilots have many reasons to be frustrated beyond what simple IROPS causes especially union reps tasked with the unenviable job of dealing with the employer, so I'm inclined to give this fellow the benefit of the doubt.

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Twitteridiots.

All and every single one.

Shut it sounds just about right.

One cannot be truthful these days ...........

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

As noted in my many previous posts, I am not an employee of any airline, never was. I do have a few things in common though in that I have seen(as a pax on AC) countless examples of rude/over the top behavior towards all airline employees. There are people I know who wouldn't take their frustrations on a taxi driver to the airport but airline employees are open season. You know I even heard people brag about taking it out on an AC employee..........

For the record(and as a broken record), I have always got A+ service from Air Canada during my travels with them and I do hear more and more of that as well. I won't comment about a particular pilot and his twitter account but I did see a post on"WJ" laughing. Perhaps that is all WJ can laugh about because in my view AC domestic service is just as good as WJ's( and they are good as well).

By your leave.

:partyman:

razorblade
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by razorblade »

+1 to that dude.
I'm all for customer service, but then you get this odd passenger who's sense of entitlement is higher than the service ceiling.. Some people need to be put in their place.

Now obviously, I'm not saying that it's okay to not have made an announcement for 20 min if you haven't moved on the ground, and it potentially could have been handled more tactfully - nevertheless, makes me respect that pilot more.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

The dude is an obvious troll.. especially after the next response. Seriously? Someone just wanted to stir shit.

LousyFisherman
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LousyFisherman »

So according to the above:
The passenger is a jerk so he got what he deserved, but the pilots response is OK.
Give your heads a shake, they are both jerks with behaviour appropriate for 5 year old brats.

IMHO
LF

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Old fella that has been my experience with Big Red also. Full disclosure, I have never ridden WJ they don't fly to where I usually fly, I use PAL. :wink:
While Charland's response may have been juvenile, I'll give him an attaboy for putting that tw@tter in his place.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

From a different article - but i love this response:

'I had to sit on the runway for 40 minutes.' Oh my god, really? What happened then, did you fly through the air like a bird, incredibly? Did you soar into the clouds, impossibly? Did you partake in the miracle of human flight and then land softly on giant tires that you couldn't even conceive how they f**king put air in them?...You're sitting in a chair in the sky. You're like a Greek myth right now.

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

When I first read this, I thought it was the pilot that tweeted back to the complaining passenger. I take it though, that it was just an Air Canada pilot - presumably not seated up front in an Airbus at the time - that did the tweeting?

ogopogo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ogopogo »

Charland's comment is out of line and unprofessional. If it's true there wasn't an update for 20mins, at least let's hope a first announcement was made explaining the red alert.

Someone tell me he wasn't the pilot on that flight.

The flying passenger pays your salary, dude.

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

I don't know much about this flight other than the fact even with the Red Alert delay it still arrived at the gate 5-10 minutes early. However, here is a post from another website. Take it for what it's worth. By the way, I am still of the opinion that while the captain may have had a point, the tweet should still not have been made.

"Good for the captain, a few points you may have missed, a clear and acurate PA was made to the pax in both official languages explaining the situation, which was due too a very dangerous storm {the strike finder was finding a hit about every five seconds} the airport authority had shut down the airport untill further notice, a very wise decision methinks, the flight was in fact about thirty minutes early as it was and the pax did in fact deplane about ten minutes early. So, given these facts why in Gods name would this pax demand to know why he couldnt deplane? did he not understand the PA? Oh, I forgot, he paid for the flight and thus is the most important jerk in the universe, if he is that bloody important he should buy his own jet!"

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

Return to “General Comments”