How Air Canada pilots treat their passengers!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ywg9
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: How Air Canada pilots treat their passengers!

Post by ywg9 »

Its in the sop's to make a PA the capt may have elected to have the incharge do it but i find it hard to believe the pax didnt know what was going on. this pax was probably looking for some refund or credit or something.
---------- ADS -----------

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

The pilot made a mistake. We all do occasionally. He seems to have apologized and moved on.

The message the pilot was sending though was correct he just picked the wrong forum and words. Airline passengers have slowly evolved from polite and reserved to loud and obnoxious. It's just what happens when the price of moving someone's ass becomes affordable to the tube top and flip flop crowd.

For some reason, an inordinate amount of passengers have become "experts" on all things aviation. I overheard a conversation between a couple of passengers saying that the airline couldn't do simple math because the schedule had different times between the westbound originating flight and the eastbound return flight. One of the dudes was so outraged he planned to send a letter.

There are a few things I can`t pin on the passengers solely. Like the effect of PEDs on aircraft systems. Many pilots promote the whole myth that there is no effect and its just a big ruse to make you spend more money...

Hopefully the passenger in this matter received a useful reply from the airline. Namely, the delay was due to a mandatory work stoppage on the ramp and that no PA was made since the flight crew may have been taking care of other matters to help with a quick turnaround or communicating with ground control and.....it still doesn`t give a little self-important prick like you the right to waste everyone`s time since the FRIGGEN AIRPLANE ARRIVAL WAS ON TIME ANYWAY. (OK...the last bit could be re-worded slightly)

:)

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

CID wrote:... the flight crew may have been taking care of other matters to help with a quick turnaround or communicating with ground control and....
...and "Twittering". I am getting old and crusty and can't understand the compulsion to spend all of one's time being concerned with constant up-to-date "news" flashes on one's phone. Perhaps if the crew WAS too busy to involve themselves in frivolous babbling and "twittering" and participating in the ceaseless storm of inane prattle that seems to be flooding the world from every direction, this pilot wouldn't have given in to the urge to tell the whiny self-important prick in the back to shut the hell up.

Other than that I quite agree with CID's post.

Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

As I wrote before, I was once on a flight from Moscow to Toronto, where a passengers had been restrained, and died. We sat on the tarmac for one hour, and then an announcement was made, that we had to wait for the coroner. Well, it took another 30 minutes, and then we were then kept in a room in the sterile section of the airport for one more hour. The strange thing that hit me was the calm of all passengers, mostly smokers, who at the end of a 9 hour flight wanted out of the terminal.
(BTW, we all missed our connecting flights as a result).
We live in a world, where some people want it all now, and are ready to do all to justify their demands. This guy was either ignorant, or too impatient.

A346Dude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by A346Dude »

Expat wrote:We live in a world, where some people want it all now, and are ready to do all to justify their demands. This guy was either ignorant, or too impatient.
I think most people are pretty understanding of just about any delay, as long as they are given an explanation as to why they are waiting. Any airline that is unable to do that does not understand customer service. If an announcement was made in this case then I agree AC did everything it could, though it was still an unprofessional tweet.

pilotbzh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by pilotbzh »

the funniest part is.... the flight was 30min early, with the 20min wait during the red alert it got on the gate 10min early..... :smt040

Return to “General Comments”