Jazz Heavy AME

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
Valkyrie_XB70
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Jazz Heavy AME

Post by Valkyrie_XB70 »

Hey all, I noticed Jazz is looking for an AME in YHZ. I've been thinking of moving back there for ages, anyone care to elaborate on how they treat their AME's? Wages, benefits etc would be most appreciated (feel free to PM as well).
---------- ADS -----------
 
Dibbley
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Re: Jazz Heavy AME

Post by Dibbley »

I have heard from many of my YHZ Jazz AME members that the plan is in the works to carve the heavy away from the main organization. They already got rid of the London base and this is next on the list. I'll let you guess who would probably be the eventual buyer but me thinks it starts with an I and ends with a P. Personally I will be glad when they get rid of that end of the operation.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ourkid2000
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:11 pm

Re: Jazz Heavy AME

Post by ourkid2000 »

That's a pretty crappy thing to say.....gets me down that there's folks out there with sentiments like that.

Glass houses.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Dibbley
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Re: Jazz Heavy AME

Post by Dibbley »

I'm sorry if you are offended. The writing has been on the wall for that part of the organization for many years now. The company doesn't want to be in the overhaul business. If you are senior enough, you can easily bid to one of the other bases to maintain your employment situation. Personally, if I lived in YHZ, I would be heading down to the shipyards to get involved in the ship building programs.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ourkid2000
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:11 pm

Re: Jazz Heavy AME

Post by ourkid2000 »

Don't misunderstand me, I do not work in Jazz YHZ Heavy and I'm sure what you're saying has some truth to it, however, to be glad to see the operation go tits up is deplorable. This actually makes you happy to think about? You must be one miserable sob.

Like I said, glass houses.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Dibbley
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Re: Jazz Heavy AME

Post by Dibbley »

The operation is not going tits up - it will just have different owners. The jobs will be there, the main organization can now focus on doing line maintenance. Does WestJet do their own heavy maintenance? No one does anymore.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Hughgreg
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:10 am

Re: Jazz Heavy AME

Post by Hughgreg »

Typically you will be treated really good at Jazz, assuming you actually have a work ethic. Our contract is online through the Unifor website. http://www.unifor2002.org/resources/1/C ... 015_en.pdf

Personally I can't see our union separating Heavy and Line, because of the obvious reasons. A lot of people are worried about 2020 and the negotiations with Air Canada. I don't think we're going to lose Air Canada, we do more of their flying then they do currently. Speaking by stats and performance, Jazz is simply a better regional airline then most of the rest.

That being said, we did do a lot of hiring over the last couple of years, i don't know if layoffs are coming but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I plan on leaving Jazz, only to pursue better options, more money, etc. Nova Scotia can be a hard place to live, mostly because of the taxes, but if you are already content where you are with your financials then you're set. I think it would be hard to find a better/stress free job then heavy maintenance in Yhz. In my opinion.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ourkid2000
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:11 pm

Re: Jazz Heavy AME

Post by ourkid2000 »

Dibbley wrote:The operation is not going tits up - it will just have different owners. The jobs will be there, the main organization can now focus on doing line maintenance. Does WestJet do their own heavy maintenance? No one does anymore.
Well, I think if I remember correctly......YHZ maintenance is a very senior base. Not only are they very senior, but many of them are nowhere near retirement and wouldn't take a package even if one was offered. Many of those folks have been there since the 80's and are still not even 50 years old. This turn of events you speak of would probably allow many of these members of YHZ to bump to line before the spin off (i.e. Aveos - ACM) potentially affecting you, putting you on a terrible shift , or maybe even a base move? I bet if that happened your tune would change or you'd be leading the "separate line and heavy blah blah blah" charge?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Dibbley
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Re: Jazz Heavy AME

Post by Dibbley »

Who says I even work at this company? You are reading things into my postings which aren't there. My guess is that possibly you do work for this organization.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ourkid2000
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:11 pm

Re: Jazz Heavy AME

Post by ourkid2000 »

Dibbley wrote:Jazz Engineer here - 25 plus years service. We receive very little information from our 'union' as to changes that might be coming down the pipe - and therefore the rumour mill runs rampant..... The very little that is discussed here regarding the impending restructuring, is quite informative to those who come here to read.
Well explain your post above? Perhaps you've moved on? That's cool, however to be glad to see Jazz dump off heavy seems like an odd thing to say if you don't work there. If you do work there, well like I said.....miserable s.o.b.

I make no bones about working at Jazz on here. I am not, however, in maintenance.....not that any of this matters.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”