AirSprint Fleet Transition

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: AirSprint Fleet Transition

Post by Inverted2 »

And nice to see respectable wages. Looks like a nice alternative to the race to the bottom regional airline jobs out there!
---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon
watermeth
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by watermeth »

You bet, the package starts where some others' stop.
Following airsprint's evolution in the last 5/6 years you can see how it changed for the best to shape a gig into a career.
This pilot pdf is pretty well detailed.
Do we know how the CJ2/XLS are spread along the bases ?

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

watermeth wrote:Do we know how the CJ2/XLS are spread along the bases ?
The aircraft don't really live anywhere and float between the bases as required. The pilots are pretty evenly split YYZ/YYC with the minority being in YUL. Basically, the same opportunities exit regardless of base.

AirSprint HR

MartinB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MartinB »

You guys at the hangar across the taxiway at YYC can expect my resume + cover letter when I'm qualified enough to be considered for a pilot position. Air Sprint seems to be a very unique air operator in Canada. I've never seen such a transparent company with regard to pilot pay and working conditions. Not only is the pay really generous compared to similar carriers (with similar aircraft and fleet size), but working at Air Sprint looks like a blast from what I can see. Flying is even more fun when you love your job. It would be hard to not love your job at AS! I hope to be flying one of your CJ2's or XLS's one day. :)

Cheers,
Martin

powerbrian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by powerbrian »

What are the new requirments for an fo position at AS. What does the new payscale look like? I know this may have been answered earlier in this thread but the dates of the posts are a few years back.

Regards,
PB :prayer:

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

powerbrian wrote:What are the new requirments for an fo position at AS. What does the new payscale look like? I know this may have been answered earlier in this thread but the dates of the posts are a few years back.

Regards,
You only needed to go back 6posts before yours dated July 10 by AirSprintHR to get your answer and much more. Use the link provided in the post by James, that brochure is extremely informative!

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

powerbrian wrote:What are the new requirments for an fo position at AS. What does the new payscale look like? I know this may have been answered earlier in this thread but the dates of the posts are a few years back.

Regards,
Here you go: http://www.airsprint.com/en-ca/node/78?language=en

AirSprint HR

F900
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by F900 »

AirSprint HR,
Do you have an AME pay scale you can post?
I noticed that there was a posting for YYC recently.
Thanks

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

What a classy outfit! Seems like an ideal career job.

Does AS still have a YKF base?

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

What do you offer for a schedule. What are your call out requirements? Do you have to be within 1 hr of the airport the other 21 days?

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

F900 wrote:AirSprint HR,
Do you have an AME pay scale you can post?
I noticed that there was a posting for YYC recently.
Thanks
We are working on a similar document for AMEs and I'll share it as soon as it is complete.

Regards,

AirSprint HR

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

Bede wrote:What a classy outfit! Seems like an ideal career job.

Does AS still have a YKF base?
Thank you and we no longer have a pilot base in YKF. We have a hangar and aircraft there but our Ontario pilots are based at YYZ.

Regards,

AirSprint HR

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

leftoftrack wrote:What do you offer for a schedule. What are your call out requirements? Do you have to be within 1 hr of the airport the other 21 days?
Our pilot career guide linked to above details the schedule and call out requirements. Basically, fair share PBS, 18 reserve days in 28. 90 minute report time (then another 60 minutes to prep and depart) on the 18 reserve days although most flights are known at least the day before. On the 10 days off there is no call out requirement.

Regards,

AirSprint HR

Hudson
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hudson »

Are the reserve days 24 hours? Could you be called out in the middle of the night?

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

Hudson wrote:Are the reserve days 24 hours? Could you be called out in the middle of the night?
Hi Hudson,

Our reserve days follow the CARs and have assumed rest periods. Under some very specific conditions night calls are possible. These are rare. Less than 1% of our flights take place between 10pm and 6am. For those that do, over 90% are known more than 24 hours in advance.

Regards,

AirSprint HR

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

We will be interviewing in the near future for the following positions:

Citation Captain (1 or 2 - YYC/YYZ/YUL)
Citation First Officer (1 or 2 - YYC/YYZ/YUL)
Lear 40 Captain (1 - YYC)
Lear 40 First Officer (1 -YYC)

The Citation positions are part of our fractional fleet, details of which are found here: http://www.airsprint.com/en-ca/careers?language=en

The Lear positions are for one of our managed aircraft and as such have some differences from the Pilot Career Guide. This plane has 3 pilots but does not use the online bidding system for scheduling. Otherwise most of the conditions remain the same. Pilots average 265 flight hours and 170 days away from home per year. Preference for these positions will be given to those with Lear 40/45 experience and as such, the salary scale is a little more flexible.

Those interested can send a cover letter and resume to: careers@airsprint.com

Thanks,

James - AirSprint HR

scopiton
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by scopiton »

When should successful applicants expect to start training approximately ?

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

scopiton wrote:When should successful applicants expect to start training approximately ?
Anywhere from 1 to 3 months from now.

Regards,

James - AirSprint HR

Oni
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oni »

might as well throw my two cents in too. I am proud to be part of a team that cleans the airplane after we have flown it (exterior, interior, and sometimes a wax), oh and did I mention we also clean the hangar. we do it because we take pride in our jobs. and my chief pilot will not even hire you if you don't help. so some people need to get off their high horses and take off the Gucci shoes and get a reality check. maybe ask some of my Air Canada Captain friends too why they even help clean up in the cabin.... just sayin......

AirSprint HR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprint HR »

Oni wrote:might as well throw my two cents in too. I am proud to be part of a team that cleans the airplane after we have flown it (exterior, interior, and sometimes a wax), oh and did I mention we also clean the hangar. we do it because we take pride in our jobs. and my chief pilot will not even hire you if you don't help. so some people need to get off their high horses and take off the Gucci shoes and get a reality check. maybe ask some of my Air Canada Captain friends too why they even help clean up in the cabin.... just sayin......
Just to clarify. AirSprint does not ask pilots to clean the hangar or wax the plane. Light aircraft cleaning (wipe off bugs, vacuum carpet, restock commissary) post trip is required though.

Thanks,

James - AirSprint HR

Return to “Employment Forum”