High Sierra

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related videos and photos.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

I_Drive_Planes
Rank 5
Rank 5

High Sierra

Post by I_Drive_Planes »

This beautiful video almost makes me want to trade in my Cherokee for a taildragger with fat tires. I actually flew over the area where this was shot this summer on my trip to the USA, and I remember thinking it would be cool to land down there.

http://vimeo.com/107448259

It definitely makes me want to get better at making and editing flying videos.
---------- ADS -----------

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: High Sierra

Post by Oxi »

Certainly shows you how accessible things really are! The use of drones in videos lately has been great I might add.

I_Drive_Planes
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by I_Drive_Planes »

Oxi wrote:Certainly shows you how accessible things really are!
I was looking for some info on the strips in the video and the fly in (this year's fly in is this weekend, actually) and I found this: https://www.backcountrypilot.org/knowle ... ern-nevada I really wish I would have found it prior to my USA trip. Some of those strips look easily accessible to my Cherokee, and I was definitely in the neighborhood. I didn't realize how close I was until I saw the map (I actually refueled at Yearington).
Oxi wrote:The use of drones in videos lately has been great I might add.
There were definitely some cool drone shots in the film, but the little clip at 4:43 seems like it may not have ended well if the drone operator wasn't quick to set his machine down.

Meddler
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Meddler »

Cool video but you won't catch me landing at 9100' because buddy with a soul patch thinks it's a good place....

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

every time I see videos like this I think dammit I wish go pro was around 15 years ago, oh the stuff I could have taped and then been fined/suspended for lol

I_Drive_Planes
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by I_Drive_Planes »

Meddler wrote:Cool video but you won't catch me landing at 9100' because buddy with a soul patch thinks it's a good place....
I was reading about the fly-in, they have fly outs to nearby strips for pilots and airplanes of every ability. In the video there was even a Mooney in attendance (I believe the same Mooney was at this year's fly in as well), I doubt he plays on the same strips as the Supercubs and experimentals.

Return to “Aviation Videos & Photos”