Where to send Licence renewal

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

oates76
Rank 3
Rank 3

Where to send Licence renewal

Post by oates76 »

I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the TC site, but I'm assuming to renew the Licence booklet I send it to my regional office. For YYC it would be in YWG?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Adam Oke
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Where to send Licence renewal

Post by Adam Oke »

I vote Winterpeg. Give them a call if you are worried. I followed the link on the application form for the information below.

Winnipeg Office
Transport Canada
344 Edmonton Street
PO Box 8550
Winnipeg, MB
R3C 0P6

Tel: 204-983-4341
Fax: 204-984-2069
e-mail: PLO-LPOpnr@tc.gc.ca

Ref: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/o ... g-1804.htm

--Air to Ground Chemical Transfer Technician turned 4 Bar Switch Flicker and Flap Operator--
lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

I recently renewed mine. Instructions were on page one of the sheets you print out, or somewhere equally easy to find.

Taiser
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Taiser »

Yep, the regional offices should be listed on the instructions for renewal, along with their addresses... took me about a month to get mine (booklet), not including the lengthy screw up to fix my medical dates... :(

human garbage
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by human garbage »

Taiser wrote:...not including the lengthy screw up to fix my medical dates... :(
Charge you $55 to process your medical and they can't even enter the right dates eh? Sad.

Mine took about two and a half weeks (Pacific region). Submitted one in early December for a buddy working overseas. Got his the beginning of this month.

"...flying airplanes is really not all that difficult so it attracts some of the most mentally challenged people in society." - . .

"Baby, stick out your can... 'cause I'm the garbageman"
Taiser
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Taiser »

human garbage wrote:
Taiser wrote:...not including the lengthy screw up to fix my medical dates... :(
Charge you $55 to process your medical and they can't even enter the right dates eh? Sad.

That's not the best part! They wouldn't send me a new "sticker" with the proper medical date on it without paying for it!!! They suggested I carry around my old and new license (old license had a valid medical sticker in it, even if it was expiring according to TC the med was valid) as a pair until it was renewal time... that's FIVE YEARS FOLKS!!! Can you imagine getting ramped (rare I know but it happens and I do fly to the states) and explaining that $%^&*( mess??? :evil: I went back and got my new book stamped by the CAME. Now I have a license with an issue date later than the medical!!! TC... retards at their best...

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Can you imagine getting ramped (rare I know but it happens and I do fly to the states) and explaining that $%^&*( mess??? :evil:
Ahh yes, they not only can screw you around financially they can " ramp " you and punish you for their own incompetence..

Gotta love that.....

... Canadian government at its best.

If they ever ramp me I will just tell them I am to busy at the moment and just walk away....what can they do then?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
pilotidentity
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pilotidentity »

I took my application into a TC office on a Monday and I pulled it out of my mailbox 4 days later on Friday. Didn't expect that....

glorifieddriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by glorifieddriver »

You can bring it to any office, they will put it in with that day's inter-company mail. It will get to the right place quickly. My renewal took under 2 weeks from drop off to mail. The YYC office should be inside the airport corporate building, unless they moved.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Interesting how people are thrilled over slow poor service.

Why can't they do the paper work while you stand at the counter like they did some decades ago?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

Cat Driver wrote:Interesting how people are thrilled over slow poor service.

Why can't they do the paper work while you stand at the counter like they did some decades ago?
Cannot agree more! I have to make an appointment for a expiring type rating in YWG to get an inspector... Signed it off in less than 20 minutes yet my fellow co workers when applying for an ATPL cannot show an inspector a logbook, applicable times and such and do the same?

oxi

pilotidentity
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pilotidentity »

I am never "thrilled' by my experience with TC during licence renewals.

My last 2 IFR renewals never came in the mail and where getting close to the 90 days - this forced me to contact them. I naturally thought I would be going through the same "service" with my most recent licence renewal.

Hold on a second, maybe I was thrilled.... :rolleyes:

Return to “General Comments”