Question.... Pilottrainning.ca

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

sierraaviator
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Question.... Pilottrainning.ca

Post by sierraaviator »

photofly wrote:
sierraaviator wrote:I signed up for an FTU recently, and showed up for one class.
Then I hear about this thing, and thinking about going for it.

Question is; Will the FTU sue me for this, If I want to do flying in the FTU?

I am now preparing for pstar and ROC-A. (Combined study? PM me) is there any minimum ground study hours for these exams?
Thank you
Sue you for what, exactly? Learning too much? Being too keen?

Who gives a toss where you learn, as long as you learn.
I'm actually quitting the FTU's ground classes for online ones, coz I'm having a hard time in commute between school and home.
Thank you
---------- ADS -----------

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

jump154 wrote:I used it and was very satisfied - especially with the capability to replay certain videos until I funally got it!
The only thing that almost tripped me up, was that the letter of recommendation is only valid for a limited time - so I ended up writing my written way before I had planned to. Passed - but that then put a limit on how long I had to pass my flight test.

Make sure you know the rules and plan accordingly.
A letter of recommend is only valid for 30 days.. Be it for a written exam or a flight test.. That's the TC rule..
A successful written exam is valid for 2 years and a successful flight test is good for 1 year...

As an example, theoretically speaking, someone could do their PPL written on the day they turn 15, do the PPL flight test on the day they turn 16, and use them to get their RPP used issued on their 16th birthday and use the same written and flight test a year later on their 17th birthday to get their PPL issued.. Now that would be super cool and very efficient!

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

[/quote]A letter of recommend is only valid for 30 days.. Be it for a written exam or a flight test.. That's the TC rule..[/quote]

Recommendation letters for written tests are good for 60 days

421.13 Examination Prerequisites

(3) To be eligible to write the examination required for the issue of a permit, licence or rating, the candidate shall produce the following letter of recommendation dated within 60 days prior to the date of the written examination:
(amended 2005/12/01; previous version)

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

Oops sorry.. My bad. Written 60 days and flight test 30 days

theoscarpaco
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by theoscarpaco »

It could use a serious upgrade. Aaron is a good teacher but a lousy stand-up comic. And you get A LOT of jokes. You also get him telling the cameraman what to do for what amounts to probably hours over the entire course. If they hired someone to do an overhaul on the video editing or re-shot the thing entirely it would be really good.

sierraaviator
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sierraaviator »

I have done pstar ground from pilottraining.ca
I'm goin to do the exam at my ftu.
Does the ftu ask for anything like course certificate.
Coz I got a digital copy of the same downloaded from the website..
Thank you

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

The PSTAR exam is one of those exams you can just walk in to the FTU and say you want to write and they'll set you up immediately... No recommend our anything required.. No waiting 15 days if you failed...

Return to “Flight Training”