604 quality assurance and sms

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Oni
Rank 1
Rank 1

604 quality assurance and sms

Post by Oni »

so not sure if anyone has been to the latest 604 presentation but here's a question. I'm trying to find what does the DOT really want as far as quality assurance and SMS. I've already researched the CARS. (sections 604.206 and 604.04). lots of junk in there but not really explaining how it should be put out there as far as format. am I missing something or are some other peeps in the same boat
cheers
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: 604 quality assurance and sms

Post by ahramin »

You're in the same boat as everyone else. Transport Canada will want to see what they want to see. So far they have not published any audit checklists, staff instructions, or guidance material.

Basically what you do is write the manuals, send them in, they will give you a list of points why it's being rejected, fix the points, send it in, new list of points, fix the points ... you can see where this is going. There have been some information sessions and more are planned, but I'm not expecting them to be all that informative beyond what limited information has already been published.

Oni
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oni »

thanks good to know . my boss said years ago, transport Canada said sure we can help with a fee from a private person and they will do it for you. looks like it will happen again.

Ypilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ypilot »

Retirement plan for some of them is to become consultant.
It could help for the paper work nigthmare, except if the consultant and the guy at TC don't
like each other. :lol:

This sums it up pretty well= http://youtu.be/JtEkUmYecnk

Gorgons
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Gorgons »

AC 107.1 is your friend, Item 3 pretty much sums up the components TC will be looking for.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... -2-456.htm

Return to “General Comments”