Married or divorced.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Are you married or divorced?

Married
87%
Divorced
13%

Total votes: 107

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Married or divorced.

Post by flyinthebug »

Add me to the divorced and remarried column (that should exist in this thread as an option IMO).

First marriage, 17 years, 3 wonderful kids who are all grown and making their own way in life. I even became a Grandpa last year and was one of the most exciting and happy times in my life. My 1st wife was supportive of my career and helped me drag my kids all over the country to chase my dream. We married young and simply outgrew one another (me 21, her 18).

Now married for the 2nd time for 10 years. No more kids as she also had 3 from her previous marriage, so we adopted a beautiful 6 week old German Shepard and she is our "baby". I consider myself lucky to have found my best friend later in life than I thought, but nonetheless, she is my best friend and biggest cheerleader...as I am hers.

Even us pilot types can find happiness the 2nd time around...as we know what type of woman would fit into our lifestyle...and with some luck, we fit into hers as well.

Id say the 75% divorce rate in our industry is about accurate. 80% of us are alcoholics or a weekend lush at best...so pretty much in line with the divorce rates in our industry (As an FYI, I gave up drinking many years ago and haven't touched it for well over a decade).

Fly safe all.
FTB
---------- ADS -----------

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

bmc wrote:Old Fella.....don't forget, our farm is 30 minutes from St.Aubin, 35 minutes from Meurseault, 38 minutes from Pommard, 45 minutes from Beaune, a good hour from Gevrey Chambertin.

Road trip.

BMC…. If good fortune/luck and all other associated assundry aligned well that would be a trip of the lifetime (for me). Having said that the “35 together better” half is hanging up her skates next year and we are looking at crawling around the hills of Siena, Tuscany renting a villa. Very close friends both fluent in “en François” and he indicates a basic working knowledge of Italian are planning this with some seriousness – for now. Ahhhh, Brunello and sniffing inside an Italian Botte-------may never hear tell of me again.

:supz: :partyman:

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

My boss got married at 55 for the first time. He says it was to reduce the odds of having to go through it again.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
BobBates
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BobBates »

Forty One for me. Can't afford to start over after all that time with the same old boot. And five Grandchildren now. One advantage is We can share all our pensions with each other and nobody else. :smt014 :smt008 :prayer:
Bob

I'd like to add to this. I purposely rejected world flying, far north or far south etc. Raising my two kids was highest priority. I have always loved flying for a career and still do after forty five years and more hours than most in the air. I plan to fly for another 5 years until I am 70. All of my work has been within the borders of BC, except for a few trips into the Yukon and the western provinces. But what compares to flying VFR in BC? Now I am in the best job I can imagine, flying the Beaver to the Gulf islands and area. Easy to check the weather too. Just look across the straights at my destination. LOL
Bob (Beaverbob) :wink:

Return to “General Comments”