Wardair

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 8317
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Wardair

Post by pelmet »

Liked the Transair thread and got some cool pics. How about of Wardair aircraft.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Skythings
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:12 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Wardair

Post by Skythings »

Here is a tiny bit of stuff on Wardair I have in my collection.

http://www.skythings.ca/my-aviation-col ... a/wardair/
---------- ADS -----------
 
BMLtech
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Re: Wardair

Post by BMLtech »

how about this:

anyone know how to upload a pic that is bigger than 1 meg? I can't figure it out but I have some good oldies that I recently scanned.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Last edited by BMLtech on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stef
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:10 pm

Re: Wardair

Post by stef »

I quite enjoyed the nfb short film. Thanks Skythings!
---------- ADS -----------
 
55+
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:49 pm

Re: Wardair

Post by 55+ »

Skythings wrote:Here is a tiny bit of stuff on Wardair I have in my collection.

http://www.skythings.ca/my-aviation-col ... a/wardair/

Good info. I had the pleasure of working with Doug McKinley at NC few years back , Doug worked at Wardair on B747 and DC-10 as Capt and I believe he was training Capt on those aircraft as well. I noted his picture on the B747 post card. I always enjoyed conversations with him on various conferences and always picked his brain on airline flying especially the big stuff at evening meals over a beer or two. I believe he passed away in 2003 or 2004.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Skythings
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:12 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Wardair

Post by Skythings »

stef wrote:I quite enjoyed the nfb short film. Thanks Skythings!
Thank you stef. The NFB film is worth watching as it really does give one a good insight into how Mr. Ward ran the company. I had the honour of meeting Mr. Ward on two occasions. What you see in this film is the genuine man. He is smart and very astute in business.

I flew to Hawaii on the B707 in 1973 and on the B747 in 1980 and vividly remember both experiences. The footage of the meals being served sure brought back memories of the steak and especially the custard pudding and the Black Forest cake. A class act for sure.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
sigmet77
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:28 am

Re: Wardair

Post by sigmet77 »

55+, I worked with Doug as well, sat right next to him for a number of years which was pretty cool as he trained my Dad to fly DC-10's. Doug had lots of great stories about his days with Wardair and had that picture of him and crew as his desk top background. Flying coach with Wardair was as good as business class today in Canada, what an airline.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”