EVAS
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
- HiFlyChick
- Rank 5

- Posts: 386
- Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:27 am
-
PositiveRate27
- Rank 7

- Posts: 598
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:27 am
- cdnpilot77
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm
Re: EVAS
Yup, wait 6-7 years until you are in your early 20's and send real resumes with real experience.
Re: EVAS
Yes, 3900 plus. There's a lot of bashing of me on here which is uncalled for. I have all the documents I need to backup what I say, love to see the documents of those who insult me and claim I'm some kid in a basement with no real experiance.andy_mtl wrote:Nickynick
Didn't you have 3900 hours just in another forum ?
-
WeGonRotate
- Rank 1

- Posts: 28
- Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:57 pm
Re: EVAS
Let's see those documents.NickyNick wrote:Yes, 3900 plus. There's a lot of bashing of me on here which is uncalled for. I have all the documents I need to backup what I say, love to see the documents of those who insult me and claim I'm some kid in a basement with no real experiance.andy_mtl wrote:Nickynick
Didn't you have 3900 hours just in another forum ?
Re: EVAS
You'd think somebody with 3900hrs of 703 ops would understand that EVAS is not a 705 op. The NickyNick plot thickens.NickyNick wrote:It's a step up from BE20.andy_mtl wrote:On the air Georgian forum, you said you want to step into a 705 ops.
Please enlighten me on why would you want to move to a Evas then ?
PROC_HDG
Re: EVAS
Nickynick
First of all, thanks for all the laughs you made most of us have on here.
The other day I was holding with my captain in YXU, and seriously, we cracked down laughing at what you wrote.
Second, how would that make it a step up from a be20?
From 12.500 lbs to 17.000lbs ? Is that really THAT much different?
Performances wise....
Maybe a king air 100 to 1900 then I can see that, but from a 200 to a 1900 it's not impressively different.
And I sincerely hope you don't aim for a "705 1900 ops" to have a FA making you a cofee, right?
Next time I do see a be20 from "the pas" in ywg, I will have to go ask the crew if they know you, cause come on, the pas and be20 in the same sentence... Doesn't leave much option does it?
First of all, thanks for all the laughs you made most of us have on here.
The other day I was holding with my captain in YXU, and seriously, we cracked down laughing at what you wrote.
Second, how would that make it a step up from a be20?
From 12.500 lbs to 17.000lbs ? Is that really THAT much different?
Performances wise....
Maybe a king air 100 to 1900 then I can see that, but from a 200 to a 1900 it's not impressively different.
And I sincerely hope you don't aim for a "705 1900 ops" to have a FA making you a cofee, right?
Next time I do see a be20 from "the pas" in ywg, I will have to go ask the crew if they know you, cause come on, the pas and be20 in the same sentence... Doesn't leave much option does it?
-
Diadem
- Rank 8

- Posts: 911
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 pm
- Location: A sigma left of the top of the bell curve
Re: EVAS
I don't see how left seat of a King Air to right seat of a 1900 (which is really a big King Air) is a step up. You'll take a 50% pay cut to fly something marginally larger.
- cdnpilot77
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm
Re: EVAS
Money isn't everything.Diadem wrote:I don't see how left seat of a King Air to right seat of a 1900 (which is really a big King Air) is a step up. You'll take a 50% pay cut to fly something marginally larger.
- complexintentions
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2186
- Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm
- Location: of my pants is unknown.
Re: EVAS
Try trading the term "money" for "time" (which is what you do every time you go to work, by the way) and you'll see that in many ways, yes, money really IS everything.NickyNick wrote:
Money isn't everything.
Do not give your time away cheaply, it is not infinite.
I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
-
Diadem
- Rank 8

- Posts: 911
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 pm
- Location: A sigma left of the top of the bell curve
Re: EVAS
If money isn't everything, then what is everything? Working 14-hour days, 21 days a month, flying to the same airports over and over, with no authority or responsibility because you're a first officer on a single-pilot-certified aircraft? Or is it because you want to get into an Air Canada feeder so that when the Jazz PML list is used up you can have a chance at AC? Is it all about the "prestige" of flying for Air Canada? Wouldn't it be better to get a real 705 job that pays well, maybe on a jet, so that you can tick some more boxes on your AC application in the meantime? Wouldn't it be better to get a captain job at EVAS or Georgian so that you can at least get paid well for having such a shitty lifestyle?
Re: EVAS
I'm having trouble getting an FO job at EVAS and Georgian, which makes getting a capt job there much less likely.Diadem wrote:If money isn't everything, then what is everything? Working 14-hour days, 21 days a month, flying to the same airports over and over, with no authority or responsibility because you're a first officer on a single-pilot-certified aircraft? Or is it because you want to get into an Air Canada feeder so that when the Jazz PML list is used up you can have a chance at AC? Is it all about the "prestige" of flying for Air Canada? Wouldn't it be better to get a real 705 job that pays well, maybe on a jet, so that you can tick some more boxes on your AC application in the meantime? Wouldn't it be better to get a captain job at EVAS or Georgian so that you can at least get paid well for having such a shitty lifestyle?
-
Diadem
- Rank 8

- Posts: 911
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 pm
- Location: A sigma left of the top of the bell curve
Re: EVAS
So you haven't even applied for a captain position? What about all of the other questions I asked? Is it really that you're so focused on getting into AC specifically that you'll take literally any horrible job with one of their feeders?NickyNick wrote:I'm having trouble getting an FO job at EVAS and Georgian, which makes getting a capt job there much less likely.



