Suncor flight dept shutting down?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Suncor flight dept shutting down?

Post by Donald »

I heard Encore is taking over their flying.

True? False?
---------- ADS -----------

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Suncor flight dept shutting down?

Post by plhought »

Seriously? Encore? :lol:

I can see them maybe scaling back a bit like everyone else but I can't picture Encore jumping in there.

Believe it when I see it I guess

arctic_slim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by arctic_slim »

As far as I understand it from people directly involved they are having Westjet do their flying for a period of a month and if it is a success and proves it's doable then they will shut down the flight department.

Im pretty sure that Westjet should be able to handle these flights once the logistincs are fully figured out if they are not already.

tincanflyer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tincanflyer »

Not good to hear.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Why WJ and not CDN North to take over this flying ?

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

WJ has expanded encore quick and perhaps needs to find work for it?

SgtStroka
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SgtStroka »

Aaaaaa, yikes! For all those flight departments in Alberta, don't forget to vote Comservative!

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Yeah, because the Conservatives control global oil prices..... :roll:

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

The oil companies in Canada index their prices to OPEC market prices. They have no obligation to OPEC since we aren't a member state but using OPEC prices has allowed Canadian oil companies to gouge us to the extreme and all they have done is shrug and say they have no control over the market price. Now that OPEC has chosen to tank their prices Canadian oil companies are trying to move away from OPEC prices. Sorry assholes but you can't have it both ways. The government could impose some framework to control their gouging but not with Harper in power.

And where is all that money that made oil executives rich? Probably the same place the Heritage Fund is. Lining the pockets of executives and greasy politicians.

SgtStroka
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SgtStroka »

I didn't even mention oil, even though the topic of conversation is oil related, i simply stated vote Conservative!

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

CID wrote:The oil companies in Canada index their prices to OPEC market prices. They have no obligation to OPEC since we aren't a member state but using OPEC prices has allowed Canadian oil companies to gouge us to the extreme and all they have done is shrug and say they have no control over the market price. Now that OPEC has chosen to tank their prices Canadian oil companies are trying to move away from OPEC prices. Sorry assholes but you can't have it both ways. The government could impose some framework to control their gouging but not with Harper in power.

And where is all that money that made oil executives rich? Probably the same place the Heritage Fund is. Lining the pockets of executives and greasy politicians.
Actually Canadian oil companies get a lower oil price than most other places due to bottle necks in getting it out, typically oil coming out of western Canada is $5-10 under the widely traded and more we'll know WTI (western Texas intermediate) so before you go spouting your mouth off look into it a bit. The only way to get more money for the oil is to build refineries in Canada so we don't have to get it out and can help with situations like where we are in now where our oil has to make its way down to the gulf coast to get refined and then sent back up to Canada as gas.

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

dhc# wrote:Why WJ and not CDN North to take over this flying ?
Because of their financial shape. Who knows if they'll be around in a couple years. To busy fighting with 7F, loosing money. All over a 'spat' with the other fellow.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

With 5T being a private company you sure know a lot about their financial health. 5T has 3 Oil companies under contract and other upcoming charter obligations. BTW the codeshare agreement is working as intended so far.

Any more insight?

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

SgtStroka wrote:I didn't even mention oil, even though the topic of conversation is oil related, i simply stated vote Conservative!
The Conservatives are already in power. I'd say, change something rather than doing the same thing if you really believe that any politicians have power over corporate flight departments.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

CID wrote:The oil companies in Canada index their prices to OPEC market prices. They have no obligation to OPEC since we aren't a member state but using OPEC prices has allowed Canadian oil companies to gouge us to the extreme and all they have done is shrug and say they have no control over the market price. Now that OPEC has chosen to tank their prices Canadian oil companies are trying to move away from OPEC prices. Sorry assholes but you can't have it both ways. The government could impose some framework to control their gouging but not with Harper in power.

Wasnt it PM and JC who sold off PetroCanada..... I always figured it was so they could say that they have no mknowledge or control

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

FICU wrote:With 5T being a private company you sure know a lot about their financial health. 5T has 3 Oil companies under contract and other upcoming charter obligations. BTW the codeshare agreement is working as intended so far.

Any more insight?
Helps when you know the people who don't fly the airplanes. I could share more, but no need to air the dirty laundry here.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Minimums wrote: Helps when you know the people who don't fly the airplanes. I could share more, but no need to air the dirty laundry here.
So you know people at 5T, a private company, with intimate knowledge of the company financials who provides the information to you? Interesting.

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

FICU wrote:
Minimums wrote: Helps when you know the people who don't fly the airplanes. I could share more, but no need to air the dirty laundry here.
So you know people at 5T, a private company, with intimate knowledge of the company financials who provides the information to you? Interesting.
Helps when you know people, who know people. Networking, the social experiment.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Minimums wrote:Helps when you know people, who know people. Networking, the social experiment.
Oh... so third party hearsay. Nuff said.

C208
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by C208 »

Allow me to hijack this thread even more,

http://www.v11lemans.com

This is the motorcycle forum I go on. These people are so nice to each other. We discuss different things all the time and it's obvious it all comes down to our love for the Moto Guzzi. Avcanada should be more like Moto Guzzi.

Is there anyway that this move by said company could be involved with the Fort Hills project start up?

Return to “General Comments”