ATPL Processing Times

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: ATPL Processing Times

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

YYZ, with all paperwork and supporting documents as necessary, you can get it signed there, or if they need to double check, I.e, I had multicrew time with no signature, once I got the letter from my company it was three weeks, maybe less.

You're better off going to the office that processes everything than going through the satellite offices. Guys used to have issues out west with YWG, up to 4 months.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

schnitzel2k3 wrote:YYZ, with all paperwork and supporting documents as necessary, you can get it signed there, or if they need to double check, I.e, I had multicrew time with no signature, once I got the letter from my company it was three weeks, maybe less.

Your better office going to the office that processes everything than going through the satellite offices. Guys used to have issues out west with YWG, up to 4 months.
You need a signature for multi-crew time ? Or is that the letter for single pilot certified machines operated 2 crew ?

flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

It was my 1900 right seat time.

flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

schnitzel2k3 wrote:It was my 1900 right seat time.
Gotcha thanks!

Matrix55
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Matrix55 »

I wrote my INRAT this morning in Winnipeg and submitted all my paperwork for my ATPL(H). I was told to expect 3-4 weeks before receiving anything. I will keep you posted on updates.

flythatwing
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flythatwing »

Would it be absolutely necessary to get the times stamped ? I haven't had a single stamp since flight school :-S

Matrix55
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Matrix55 »

Here's my latest update. Submitted all the paperwork and my logbook on Aug 7.
Received my log book back Sept 1 saying my application had been accepted and that the sticker should arrive soon my mail.
I'll update when I receive it.

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

Which office, Matrix55? I was told to expect around 6 weeks wait for Ontario Region.

Apparently all Ontario applications are sent to the Yonge St. office now no matter where you hand in your application so to save time you might as well send it straight to them yourself.

Matrix55
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Matrix55 »

Jimmy2 wrote:Which office, Matrix55? I was told to expect around 6 weeks wait for Ontario Region.

Apparently all Ontario applications are sent to the Yonge St. office now no matter where you hand in your application so to save time you might as well send it straight to them yourself.
Winnipeg

human garbage
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by human garbage »

flythatwing wrote:Would it be absolutely necessary to get the times stamped ? I haven't had a single stamp since flight school :-S
Same here. Last stamp was when I got my commercial. I had no issues through the YVR office. It took almost eight weeks but no stamps required apparently.

"...flying airplanes is really not all that difficult so it attracts some of the most mentally challenged people in society." - . .

"Baby, stick out your can... 'cause I'm the garbageman"
Matrix55
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Matrix55 »

So, I got my ATPL(H) sticker with Group IV rating in the mail today. For someone who was not in any rush to get my license I am ok with the time it took to get everything from TC.

To summarize:
Office: Winnipeg
Date ATPL(H) paperwork was given to TC: Aug 7
Date my logbook was returned to me with confirmation my application had been accepted: Sep 1
Date I received my sticker: Sep 9
So just over a month.

midlife flyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by midlife flyer »

From personal experience not a bad processing time overall...

Friday 31st July - Submitted the paperwork along with my logbooks at YYC Office (Sent to Winnipeg via courier the same day)

Tuesday 1st September - Received my logbooks back in the post, along with confirmation that my application had been approved and to expect my label in the mail shortly

Friday 11th September - Received my ATPL (A) Sticker

It might have been quicker but I forget to include something to prove one of the company fleet types was being operated as two crew. Thankfully, via the power of email, this issue was quickly resolved, so it probably didn't slow things down by no more than a few days.

If it had been urgent, after I'd received my logbooks back, whilst waiting for the sticker to arrive in the mail, I could have made an appointment to go into the YYC office and had my licence signed off by an inspector for $40 (they can see your licence status online), but it wasn't necessary in this case.

A pretty smooth and straight forward operation overall :)

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

I wonder why they don't send the sticker with your logbooks.

human garbage
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by human garbage »

Jimmy2 wrote:I wonder why they don't send the sticker with your logbooks.
I asked... Stickers are all printed in a central location (YOW perhaps? I forgot). They have no capacity to print them on site even if they wanted to. BS perhaps, but that was the story from two different employees (at separate times) so I took it as the truth.

"...flying airplanes is really not all that difficult so it attracts some of the most mentally challenged people in society." - . .

"Baby, stick out your can... 'cause I'm the garbageman"
contactapproved
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by contactapproved »

Thought I'd post my experience with the Winnipeg office. Sent my logbook and application via express-post on Aug 25. Got my logbook back Sep 15th. Sticker came today (Sep 25). I thought to have everything back in exactly a month was pretty awesome. Good job Transport for shortening the wait substantially! I was told there was 11 applications before mine at the time I called just to give an idea how fast they got it out.

C-GKNT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by C-GKNT »

Logbook and ATPL application received by Winnipeg office August 31st.

Logbook returned Sept 25.

Sticker arrived sometime between Sept 30-Oct 2 (it was in the mail when I got back from a trip).

Kudos to Transport Canada for getting on top of these applications.

Glenn

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

Did you guys receive a call or email before they sent your logbooks back? I'm into week 7 now and haven't heard anything from TC. I'm hoping my stuff is in transit back to me. Did they use priority post or just regular mail?

Ontario region.

C-GKNT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by C-GKNT »

Jimmy2 wrote:Did you guys receive a call or email before they sent your logbooks back? I'm into week 7 now and haven't heard anything from TC. I'm hoping my stuff is in transit back to me. Did they use priority post or just regular mail?

Ontario region.
My sticker is dated September 23 and I got my logbook back by Express Post on the 25th about 4 weeks processing time. No e-mail, no letter, no explanation, just an express post envelope with my old logbook. Did not get the paper printout of my electronic logbook. I don't need it but I am curious as what they did with it. Sticker came by regular mail a week or so later. This was the Winnipeg office.

How did you pay the processing fee? I paid mine by credit card in advance and included the receipt with my application.

Glenn

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

I paid in advance by credit card also. Ok, I'm hoping my stuff is on it's way to me then. That's strange that they kept your logbook printout. I mean, you can print it again but if you used inkjet that ink isn't cheap.

Return to “General Comments”