First Officers - Porter Airlines

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Julie- PorterPRA
Rank 1
Rank 1

First Officers - Porter Airlines

Post by Julie- PorterPRA »

Porter Airlines is looking for Q400 First Officers to join our team!

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Ensures the safe operation of the aircraft
Actively participates in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
Any other duties as assigned

QUALIFICATIONS:
Airline Transport Pilot License (Transport Canada) or Integrated Airline Transport Pilot License or Initial Aeroplane Type Rating (IATRA)
Category I Medical
Current Instrument Rating
Minimum 1,000 hours total time
Aviation College or University Degree is an asset
Pilots that do not meet the minimum requirements may be considered based on experience and other factors

Opportunities are available based on operational needs at the following locations:
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport - YOW
Halifax Stanfield International Airport - YHZ

Apply here: https://portercareers.rivs.com/25-85-94/

Any questions please contact Pilotrecruitment@flyporter.com
---------- ADS -----------

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: First Officers - Porter Airlines

Post by NickyNick »

Do you hire anyone with mostly King Air PIC flight time? If not which aircraft experience do you value most?

AOW
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by AOW »

NickyNick wrote:Do you hire anyone with mostly King Air PIC flight time? If not which aircraft experience do you value most?
I think they like Q400 time most.

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

Afternoon,

Porter has taken many candidates with various type experience from King Airs, Navajos, Beech 1900, Pilatus PC-12, MU-2, Metro's, and Dash 8 variants (-100 and -300). Bonus if you have Q400.

The important thing is that when interviewing, it helps to be personable. It also doesn't hurt to have an internal reference.

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

Grey_Wolf wrote:Afternoon,

Porter has taken many candidates with various type experience from King Airs, Navajos, Beech 1900, Pilatus PC-12, MU-2, Metro's, and Dash 8 variants (-100 and -300). Bonus if you have Q400.

The important thing is that when interviewing, it helps to be personable. It also doesn't hurt to have an internal reference.
How do I get an interview? I've applied online a few times with no reply from a human, just auto reply.

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

Evening,

Do you know anyone who currently works for Porter? Internal recommends are highly valued. Having someone "walk your resume" to the Chief Pilot or Director of Training will improve your chance of getting an interview.

From last I heard, Porter plans on running two initial classes in the fall (Sept/Oct), and interviews will be conducted in the July.

In the past, hiring minimums were 3500 TT with 500 MPIC. Since the regional industry has rapidly expanded in the last few years; Porter has set up the Early Connections Program. As a result, they will accept resumes from candidates that have 1000TT. They still prefer 2500TT with some MPIC.

All the best!

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
con24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by con24 »

Good afternoon, just wondering if there's a different application form for candidates who has applied in the past?
Because,there are no options to update resume. You either have to apply from a different email address or get your internal reference to drop off your updated resume.
Any help with the information will be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance

Julie- PorterPRA
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Julie- PorterPRA »

If you would like to update your pilot application, unfortunately you cannot do it without creating a whole new profile .... which isn't ideal! That said if you email me, I can send you a message through your profile and in your reply can update the info / resume etc. This way the update is attached to your original application and when we receive a notification of your new info - it will be reviewed!

Just sent me an email at pilotrecruitment@flyporter.com with your full name and I will take care of that ASAP!

Thanks!

con24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by con24 »

Thank you so much

marakii
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by marakii »

Has Porter airlines hired pilots in their 50's ?
Thanks

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

marakii wrote:Has Porter airlines hired pilots in their 50's ?
Thanks
Within the past 2-3 years there have been several new hires in their mid to late 40s (perhaps older...) As long as you meet the hiring minimums, have some varied experience and (most importantly) bring with you a good attitude... apply!

Return to “Porter Airlines”