Winter Bid released today.

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mato
Rank 2
Rank 2

Winter Bid released today.

Post by mato »

The Equipment Bid has been released today.

On the positive looks like over 100 vacancies will need to be filled system wide.

YVR is now a Q and CRJ Base

YUL is now a Q base for the YTZ Operations.

And the downside, YYZ CRJ reduced to zero by next summer, and YYC is losing a significant number of Q positions.

Edit: added remark for YUL Q's
---------- ADS -----------

PropToFeather
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Winter Bid released today.

Post by PropToFeather »

So, would I be correct in saying that Jazz is basically going to be a Dash 8 airline (and I guess Voyageur is the CRJ/International branch of Chorus now?)

If at first you don't succeed, maybe NDB approaches just aren't for you
proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

Only for Yyz for the foreseeable future, can thank the GGN operation for that.

FAD3C
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FAD3C »

Have they started calling candidates that applied this year for interviews?
cheers

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

You GGN scabs thought you were getting dirty looks before?? Better bring your big girl panties

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Classy

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

Without a doubt the inflammatory language is not helpful.
Keep in mind however, that the closure of the Jazz YYZ CRJ base will directly affect 114 CRJ pilots and pilots on other rosters system wide that will feel the impact of the trickle down.
Not all that long ago the YYZ base CRJ roster was some 360 pilots strong. With yesterday's release of Bid 2016-02, in less than year from now that number becomes 0.
Not exactly a day for high fives for Jazz pilots.

A V I A T O
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by A V I A T O »

A full on base closure? That sucks. Best of luck to all. With the trickling down of crews within the system, does this development indicate a cessation of new hires for the rest of 2016?

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

No there is still an overall increase of 114 positions

skkfdk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by skkfdk »

Ever thought its not GGN or Skyregionals pilots fault...but rather the clever plans of " calin rovinescu " is causing this mess.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

skkfdk wrote:Ever thought its not GGN or Skyregionals pilots fault...but rather the clever plans of " calin rovinescu " is causing this mess.
Absolutely right. The realities of the business world are what they are ... but it really stings when the work that you have been doing safely and professionally for many years is sold off to the lowest bidder.

PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PROC_HDG »

BingBong wrote:You GGN scabs thought you were getting dirty looks before?? Better bring your big girl panties
No love for Georgian, but using that word in this context devalues its importance. Say that around some US legacy pilots who have seen the damage that actual scabs do to this industry by taking struck work, and you might reconsider the way you are using it.

At the end of the day, all this flying should be at mainline. Can't us dirty regional whores unite, instead of slinging crap at each other?

PROC_HDG

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

I'd assume any YYZ RJ pml deferrals will go to AC now that their base is gone.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

The plan is only as good as the willing participants, aka the GGN and SR pilots. SCAB is definitely not appropriate for this situation, perhaps bottom feeder.
Jazz pilots are also not innocent, I'm not referring to the new contract with a lower pay scale either, it's the pilots who take overtime to cover GGN flying while they have been getting their operation up and running. I use the word running very loosely, however we continue to supplement their abysmal record of OTP and flight completion.
They continue to grow and I'd be willing to bet during this transition of closing the YYZ RJ base, some of the affected pilots will still take overtime to cover the flying GGN can't do, we are our own worst enemy!

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

BingBong wrote:No there is still an overall increase of 114 positions
Maybe nickynick will get the call?

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Sorry to continue with the derailment but I wanted to advise there is another poster who may be Nickynick under an alias, pt6-42 which coincidentally are the engines for the BE20 has a very similar style of posting. He/she has accumulated 300 or so hours in less than a month of posting!
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 6&t=110270
Tired of trolls!

PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PROC_HDG »

mbav8r wrote:The plan is only as good as the willing participants, aka the GGN and SR pilots. SCAB is definitely not appropriate for this situation, perhaps bottom feeder.
Jazz pilots are also not innocent, I'm not referring to the new contract with a lower pay scale either, it's the pilots who take overtime to cover GGN flying while they have been getting their operation up and running. I use the word running very loosely, however we continue to supplement their abysmal record of OTP and flight completion.
They continue to grow and I'd be willing to bet during this transition of closing the YYZ RJ base, some of the affected pilots will still take overtime to cover the flying GGN can't do, we are our own worst enemy!
You are right, and don't forget to throw ACPA into the mix, as it's many years of scope lets that have allowed the regionals to "prosper".

At the end of the day though, I don't think you can fault young pilots wanting to get out of the north for going to JZA/GGN/SR. It has become the main avenue of advancement, and it is hard to avoid now, with the PML/PMA programs etc.

PROC_HDG

Art Garfunkel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Art Garfunkel »

BingBong wrote:You GGN scabs thought you were getting dirty looks before?? Better bring your big girl panties
Very classy comment BingBong!! That really helps.

How about the Westjet pilots that created the incredible working conditions at Encore?! Or at least signed off on it. Their names are on the front of the agreement. It was the threat of Encore's cheap cheap (80 percent of industry rates) that brought on Sky Regional and the transfer of RJ 100/200 to GGN. Oh, and lets not forget ACPA's fumble on the five yard line that allowed other regional carriers in the AC brand.

Time to work together to better the "profession" for everyone. And that means EVERY PILOT.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

So everyone is complaining when there are still over 100 vacancies system wide even with the reduction of the yyj RJ base and a hit to the Yyc Q base that has been predominantly doing Yvr flying. Hmmm....

Can't blame GGN or SKR.. I mean we will soon have the entire Q operation from the latter. And the purchase of additional 705/900's.

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

That's all unicorns and rainbows when you have to potentially uproot your entire family. Jobs, economics, schools, friends......life altering event for a lot of people. I definitely have sympathy for our Yyz and YYc collegues. It's not if it's rather WHEN it happens to the rest of us. Thankfully the contract will make it very expensive to implement. We are people not units in a portfolio.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”