Provincial C550 FO

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
eastpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Provincial C550 FO

Post by eastpilot »

Hello AvCanadians
Any current info on Pay / Sched / WAWCON on the Citation with PAL?
I understand that bird mostly does trips from YYT - YYZ, and a scattered local trip when the KA350s are busy / broken.
Any info would be helpful, thanks

EP
---------- ADS -----------
 
iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 am

Re: Provincial C550 FO

Post by iflyroads »

would like to revive this thread, anyone have any current info?
---------- ADS -----------
 
anona
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:42 am

Re: Provincial C550 FO

Post by anona »

I'm not sure who they call for these postings?
Perhaps they only post to stir up the internal commotion?
I as well as several friends applied previously! All of us wishing wishing to move back to the East. Even with a very full resume, none of us received a call!
It's not always about what you know. :smt008
---------- ADS -----------
 
Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Provincial C550 FO

Post by Saxub »

You should know that. It's never about what you know, and always about who you know.
---------- ADS -----------
 
wrhs
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:37 am

Re: Provincial C550 FO

Post by wrhs »

I know they are looking for high time pilots that want to live and work in NL. You are only going to fly roughly 200 hours a year, so it's not a time building job and not a good first jet job because it might be two to three weeks between flights.
And yes, it's who you know. Hope this helps.
---------- ADS -----------
 
NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:01 pm
Location: THE PAS

Re: Provincial C550 FO

Post by NickyNick »

Saxub wrote:You should know that. It's never about what you know, and always about who you know.
Why does an employer expect you to know someone at a place you've never worked? And how can that possibly be?
---------- ADS -----------
 
NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:01 pm
Location: THE PAS

Re: Provincial C550 FO

Post by NickyNick »

anona wrote:I'm not sure who they call for these postings?
Perhaps they only post to stir up the internal commotion?
I as well as several friends applied previously! All of us wishing wishing to move back to the East. Even with a very full resume, none of us received a call!
It's not always about what you know. :smt008
I was given advice before starting aviation career that the first job is the hardest to get. Took about a month to get first job, past few years spent trying to get a regional job and nothing yet. I bet most job postings are just posted to keep the flight schools in business. Time to limit the number of licenses issued. Becoming a total scam.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Provincial C550 FO

Post by Saxub »

NickyNick wrote:
Saxub wrote:You should know that. It's never about what you know, and always about who you know.
Why does an employer expect you to know someone at a place you've never worked? And how can that possibly be?

Have you ever thought that you need to get out more? Ask for references through friends, friends of friends etc.? I have never had anyone turn down the opportunity to help if I asked nicely. A lot of my connections are people who I only met since entering the industry, and met through other pilots. Ever heard of LinkedIn? Perhaps make an account and start connecting with people.
---------- ADS -----------
 
iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 am

Re: Provincial C550 FO

Post by iflyroads »

Saxub wrote:
NickyNick wrote:
Saxub wrote:You should know that. It's never about what you know, and always about who you know.
Why does an employer expect you to know someone at a place you've never worked? And how can that possibly be?

Have you ever thought that you need to get out more? Ask for references through friends, friends of friends etc.? I have never had anyone turn down the opportunity to help if I asked nicely. A lot of my connections are people who I only met since entering the industry, and met through other pilots. Ever heard of LinkedIn? Perhaps make an account and start connecting with people.

Please dont respond to his/her posts, they are just trolling on this forum. Hoping ignoring them will make them stop.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Provincial C550 FO

Post by Saxub »

Roger.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”