I could well be wrong about this but I think as long as the company he's working for has said that they operate the aircraft 2 crew, has SOP's in place to show this, and it has been approved by the licensing authority (TC) that it is operated 2 crew then he can legally log those hours as an F/O.You can put it in your log book, but it means nothing and can't be used towards a higher license, insurance requirements, or count as flying time in a resume.
Caravan Time
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Re: Caravan Time
Re: Caravan Time
Ah yeah in that case he might as well log the hours he sits in the back of a 737 going on his holiday as long those.
-
Big Pistons Forever
- Top Poster

- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:17 pm
- Location: West Coast
Re: Caravan Time
There is no way that a day VFR piston single like the Airvan (The airplane is basically a made in Australia Cessna 206) is going to get TC approval to operate 2 crew. You need to be in at least a Caravan size airplane before this provision is available and, I believe it only applies to aircraft that are operated both VFR and IFR.BobBloggs wrote:I could well be wrong about this but as long as the company he's working for has said that they operate the aircraft 2 crew, has SOP's in place to show this, and it has been approved by the licensing authority (TC) that it is operated 2 crew then he can legally log those hours as an F/O.You can put it in your log book, but it means nothing and can't be used towards a higher license, insurance requirements, or count as flying time in a resume.
Re: Caravan Time
Ha yeah you're quite right, was getting the Airvan mixed up with the Skyvan.There is no way that a day VFR piston single like the Airvan (The airplane is basically a made in Australia Cessna 206) is going to get TC approval to operate 2 crew. You need to be in at least a Caravan size airplane before this provision is available and, I believe it only applies to aircraft that are operated both VFR and IFR

