Page 2 of 2
Re: Travel starting to come back?
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:30 am
by pelmet
KAG wrote: ↑Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:48 am
tbaylx wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:09 am
whipline wrote: ↑Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:32 pm
Not much to see here. Sunwing is selling packages until there’s enough demand to fire up their own planes. This was the plan from the beginning. I can guarantee the full AC flights weren’t full of WG pax. And thank you to AC for flying peeps down to our hotels. Get some revenue going.
WG is still taking deliveries of Max’s. 2 in August. The airline isn’t going anywhere. I’m happy we’re not flying empty planes around burning cash.
And no Thunder Bay mustang 5.0 LX we’re not going to be flairs saving grace. Your welcome for the farm workers we gave up in the spring. Won’t be happening again in the fall.
I have many close friends at SWG I don't want the airline to go anywhere. We don't have the aircraft availability to do any charter work right now, though it was good to get a few charters in the spring, it was never a saving grace. Our focus is domestic sched service, not charter or vacation work. That's a crowded space and not something we're pursuing. Hope you guys are back up in the air shortly.
I know from our end Swoop is full, WJ mainline isn't, can't speak about encore.
Interesting. Is WJ management working it out that way so that they can get Swoop to take over from the mainline.
Re: Travel starting to come back?
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:40 am
by tbaylx
KAG wrote: ↑Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:48 am
tbaylx wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:09 am
whipline wrote: ↑Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:32 pm
Not much to see here. Sunwing is selling packages until there’s enough demand to fire up their own planes. This was the plan from the beginning. I can guarantee the full AC flights weren’t full of WG pax. And thank you to AC for flying peeps down to our hotels. Get some revenue going.
WG is still taking deliveries of Max’s. 2 in August. The airline isn’t going anywhere. I’m happy we’re not flying empty planes around burning cash.
And no Thunder Bay mustang 5.0 LX we’re not going to be flairs saving grace. Your welcome for the farm workers we gave up in the spring. Won’t be happening again in the fall.
I have many close friends at SWG I don't want the airline to go anywhere. We don't have the aircraft availability to do any charter work right now, though it was good to get a few charters in the spring, it was never a saving grace. Our focus is domestic sched service, not charter or vacation work. That's a crowded space and not something we're pursuing. Hope you guys are back up in the air shortly.
How is flair doing right now? I know from our end Swoop is full, WJ mainline isn't, can't speak about encore. Its going to be a loooong road to recovery. This is the first time in my career we're all in the same glass house, the same very real possibility of CCAA or worse - 911 was nothing compared to this.
I'm preparing for a non aviation plan B, but hope it doesn't come to that.
Good luck to all.
I agree, CCAA filings in Canada are inevitable without the borders opening up.
Our loads are pretty good and we're starting to see a cautious return of domestic passengers, mostly a younger demographic. Much like Swoop I'd imagine. But neither airline is going to make money running less than 10 airplanes around, regardless of loads. The fixed costs eat up any yield until its spread over 15+ aircraft. The international market has completely dried up so Westjet and Air Canada are going to have a long winter ahead. SWG and Transat are going to be hit and miss depending on how many people are tired of being locked up and want to go to a beach. Again it'll likely be the younger demographic that first sticks their heads out of the hole and begins traveling again, not the higher yielding business passengers
I don't think we're going to see a significant recovery until next year. It's pretty grim worldwide with many more bankruptcies to come i fear.
Re: Travel starting to come back?
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:44 am
by tbaylx
pelmet wrote: ↑Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:30 am
KAG wrote: ↑Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:48 am
tbaylx wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:09 am
I have many close friends at SWG I don't want the airline to go anywhere. We don't have the aircraft availability to do any charter work right now, though it was good to get a few charters in the spring, it was never a saving grace. Our focus is domestic sched service, not charter or vacation work. That's a crowded space and not something we're pursuing. Hope you guys are back up in the air shortly.
I know from our end Swoop is full, WJ mainline isn't, can't speak about encore.
Interesting. Is WJ management working it out that way so that they can get Swoop to take over from the mainline.
No its because Swoop caters to the younger price-sensitive crowd domestic crowd and hops across the country instead of going direct in order to increase loads by combining flights. That market is where passengers will first return and why loads are higher on Swoop.
Re: Travel starting to come back?
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:26 pm
by BigQ
The vaccine was never designed to work.
The vaccine was designed to appear to work, it's rollout coinciding with the end of the winter flu season, only to be proven ineffective by the beginning of the next winter. We're only a few weeks away from mandatory boosters.
Think of all the money pfizer investors are making right now.
Re: Travel starting to come back?
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:46 pm
by Inverted2
Fake vaccines. Fake plandemic. Fake masks. All a ploy to undermine our way of life by the CCP. People are swallowing it hook line and sinker. They’ll be able to march in in a few years unopposed.
Re: Travel starting to come back?
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:36 pm
by Conflicting Traffic
Inverted2 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:46 pm
Fake vaccines. Fake plandemic. Fake masks. All a ploy to undermine our way of life by the CCP. People are swallowing it hook line and sinker. They’ll be able to march in in a few years unopposed.
Here you go.
Re: Travel starting to come back?
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:15 pm
by Inverted2
Hey I see your point but all the conspiracy theories from the past years have become reality. I’m hoping I’m wrong too!
Re: Travel starting to come back?
Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:50 pm
by RRJetPilot
Inverted2 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:15 pm
Hey I see your point but all the conspiracy theories from the past years have become reality. I’m hoping I’m wrong too!
A few years ago if you told me there is a pedo island where the rich, politicians, and royalty go to diddle little kids I would have called you crazy.
Re: Travel starting to come back?
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:37 am
by WinnithePuh
There is no life without travel, in my opinion! Therefore, of course, travel very quickly returned to our lives. But it should be noted that due to the need to comply with quarantine requirements and the rise in fuel prices, travel costs have increased. It became quite a serious test for me, as I often visited different countries. I solved the problem thanks to
VRBO Discounts, where I found great discounts on flights, hotels, and excursions. It is very convenient and important at present.