Getting Rid of an Olympic sport

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

User avatar
Darkwing Duck
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Getting Rid of an Olympic sport

Post by Darkwing Duck »

Should hockey, or any other sport be left to amatures. At one time I thought so as well but now I look at is as to where will we get the amatures from. Junior hockey, like the OHL, WHL, AJHL, QHL and the the elite leagues in Europe are all pro. Alot of the up and coming European Jr players are coming to N. America to play. These guys, in a way are still amature but still get paid and are semipro. So the pool of drawing the non-pros is very thin. I have also come to the conclusion that it is supposed to be the best so why not have pro hockey players going for the gold. What they should do is elliminate the cash bonus the Canadian men will get should they get gold and put that money back into the development of all sports. If any Canadian pro does get a bonus they should "donate" those proceeds.

Curling is a sport, play a few ends and try making a double takeout. Not as easy as it sounds. You have to "HURRY HARD" alot. And where else can you be allowed to throw rocks in a house.

And I have to admit, watching figure skating is only good for the eyes. Some of those lovely ladies out there. Nummy. Other then that lose it as an olympic event.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Kowalski: Sir, we may be out of fuel.
Skipper: What makes you think that?
Kowalski: We've lost engine one, and engine two is no longer on fire.
grimey
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2979
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:01 am
Location: somewhere drunk

Re: Getting Rid of an Olympic sport

Post by grimey »

I don't care what gets taken out, so long as pole dancing gets added.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/20 ... pics_.html
The strip club mainstay pole dancing - known as much for its sensual moves as its rigorous athletic side - may be headed for the Olympics.

A group of pole-dance advocates is hoping for a "test" event in 2012 and a more formal pitch four years after that, in Rio de Janeiro, according to The Associated Press.
---------- ADS -----------
 
no sig because apparently quoting people in context is offensive to them.
. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 7374
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.
Contact:

Re: Getting Rid of an Olympic sport

Post by . ._ »

I would support the addition of pole dancing to the Olympics. :)
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2396
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Getting Rid of an Olympic sport

Post by bandaid »

Pole dancing would be hard to support since they stopped producing 1 and 2 dollar bills.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3353
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:56 pm
Location: 50.13N 66.17W

Re: Getting Rid of an Olympic sport

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Pole dancing would be hard to support since they stopped producing 1 and 2 dollar bills.
Naw, I just swipe my Visa card.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2396
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Getting Rid of an Olympic sport

Post by bandaid »

Image

Curlers are hideous looking creatures for sure.

Image

Yep god aweful I mean look at all those fat rolls.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 5166
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: On Borrowed Wings

Re: Getting Rid of an Olympic sport

Post by Rowdy »

Girls only get tongue rings for one purpose :prayer:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Prairie Chicken
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:12 pm
Location: Gone sailing...

Re: Getting Rid of an Olympic sport

Post by Prairie Chicken »

I'm another one that will watch good curling any day over hockey. I know curling looks easy on TV--so does ski-jumping. You have to have tried curling to appreciate the skill & muscles involved. Also, the curling goes on for hours, and days, as opposed to minutes or seconds in many other sports.

I support the figure skating too. It's certainly a challenging sport, & lovely to watch. I don't mind the subjective judging by experts, but I really object to corrupt judges! If the sport can't or hasn't eliminated that problem, it has no place in the games.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Prairie Chicken
Locked

Return to “The Water Cooler”