Page 2 of 2

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:17 pm
by Beefitarian
There's a correction thing for projecting onto curved screens just out I spotted looking at http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/ I don't know how much one is to buy or if it would be super difficult to make a curved screen. The next problem would be space.

Re: Is there any training value in desktop flight sims?

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:20 pm
by trampbike
Forget about IFR training. Start to improve your dogfighting and bombing abilities on WW2 airplanes by playing IL-2. Get a stick, a throttle, rudder pedals and a Track IR (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/).

NOW you'll have some fun :wink:

Re:

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:07 pm
by 172PIC
Beefitarian wrote:There's a correction thing for projecting onto curved screens just out I spotted looking at http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/ I don't know how much one is to buy or if it would be super difficult to make a curved screen. The next problem would be space.
A lot of those setups cost as much as a C150 or more from what I've read and heard.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:51 pm
by Beefitarian
Now we're getting somewhere, Is there any training value in flying one of those? :D

Re: Is there any training value in desktop flight sims?

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:36 am
by Geko
trampbike wrote:Forget about IFR training. Start to improve your dogfighting and bombing abilities on WW2 airplanes by playing IL-2. Get a stick, a throttle, rudder pedals and a Track IR (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/).

NOW you'll have some fun :wink:
Or grab DCS BlackShark and a bottle of vodka.


Re: Is there any training value in desktop flight sims?

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:12 pm
by DHCdriver
VFR-No. IFR-Yes, it's good for practising hold entries, holds and all the other goodies. Save yourself from being laughed at and don't ask your instructor if you can log your home sim time. :oops:

DHCdriver.