It seems to be a bit of a problem, always blaming others, and refusing to accept that you may be part of the problem itself.
Very true..give a bit of thought to that when you describe the Captain of the aircraft as having made a "poor choice"
I shall get on my soapbox here, and with the full acknowledgement that I too, have committed this sin in the past.
(I was lucky..not smart.....)
As the Captain of an aircraft. whether it be a 757 or a C206, you have certain responsabilities. One is not to allow drunk pax on the plane. It is that simple. If you choose, for whatever reason you decide upon, to ignore this responsbility, and something happens, as it appears to have done here, you are.....well.... responsable...
Now go back to the quote from above....That applies to the pilot of the aircraft.
Unfortunately or not, Apollo, there is, or at least used to be something along the line of diminsihed responsability as a result of alcohol intake.. Bar owners, have, in fact being successfully sued for continuing to sell people liquior when they are intoxicated.
What is most glaring to me, if it is correct , is the fact that a ferry Captain had previously refused them .
I expect if that is correct, it will have a pivotal influence. For if this is the case, one could rightly argue that the Captain of the aircraft failed in his duty. (Are you listening yet?)
A fellow aviation died, and I do not intend to make it harder for his family or friends, but lets stop pretending it was a poor choice. It was a wilful decsion to abdicate his responsability. He maybe paid for it with his life.......and the lives of three others
You should not be worried about whether or not someone will sue you..You should be shouldering your responsability because it is the right and proper thing to do. Or for no other reason than you have a better chance at a good career and a long life by relying on smart...not lucky)
This is such a simple, but oh so important lesson for young pilots. I hope some will get it..Rant over.