The Air Canada OTS thread

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

your flight time ?

500+ PIC JET
4%
500+ PIC JET 2 CREW
10%
500+ PIC TURBOPROP 2 CREW
16%
1000+ F/O JET/TURBOPROP 2 CREW
16%
Total Time 1500/2000
5%
2000/3000
11%
3000/ More
37%

Total votes: 972

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: The Air Canada OTS thread

Post by Transition9er2 »

NG737 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am Hey guys and gals
Not sure if I am in the correct thread, have an interview with AC next week, wondering if anyone here can throw some tips on it, what kind of questions, how long is the interview?, any technical stuff? are they all" tell me about a time" type questions etc, etc.

Any help / advice is greatly appreciate my fellow countrymen/ women :)

Thanks.
Don’t listen to the downers on here too much, more negativity than useful information unfortunately!!

Regardless, congrats on the interview!! You’re correct, a lot of situational and personality type questions for the face to face interview. Expect 2-3 ppl asking questions, my experience was very positive.

You’ll do a full medical (everything besides the finger up the ***) and you’ll do a 350(ish) True/False personality test.

All in all it’s pretty painless. Do some digging on here and you’ll find a lot of information about other ppls experience.

Glad to hear the interviews are still taking place, best news I’ve read on here in a week or so, hopefully it continues.

Good luck!!

T.
---------- ADS -----------

CFM Symphony
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Re:

Post by CFM Symphony »

altiplano wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:58 am
CFM Symphony wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:36 am
tca wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:16 am
I don't think you quite understand the concept of diversification.
Hehe, of course I don’t as long as understanding what is a fairly commonsensical economic strategy goes against your narrative. :goodman:
2 days later... I wonder if your opinions on diversification are any different? How's that "commonsensical economic strategy" and "limited exposure" holding up?

Crazy times.

An internal memo sent to union officials and obtained by The Canadian Press says that travellers are rebooking en masse and "our airline's well-being has become grave overnight."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.5497037
The times they are crazy indeed. However, no I have not really changed my opinion regarding the relative position of each carrier's exposure. Just because the media has access to the WJ perspective doesn't mean that similar talk isn't happening at AC behind closed doors. In the medium term, both carriers will bounce back. Right now it's just about damage control.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Interviews still taking place.

Candidates told to expect may for gs dates.....this was before the week we just had.

2 "smaller" ground schools expected after this current one

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

Good luck with that old news since we are burning about 50 mil a day and getting worse

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Don't be rude to iflyroads. Their posts are the only insight into hiring for a lot of people.

It's good to hear interviews are still taking place. Though given how long some people are waiting between interview and hiring it might it could be interviews for after the pandemic passes or even next year.

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

I hope the people paying a one way ticket to Canada at 3500$/each helps out. Flights are loaded from Europe right now.

privateer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by privateer »

WJ has the luxury of saying whatever they want to the media. They're no longer a private company and therefore have no horse in the race when it comes to bad news. AC is being surprisingly quiet about their financial situation. I wonder if they will be asking for government money in the near future.

TheRealPapaK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TheRealPapaK »

Air Canada has $7.68B in liquidity. They will be fine for 5 months at current cash burn.

NG737
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NG737 »

Thanks for all the positive replies, so far no cancellations about interview dates ( fingers crossed ), what I heard seems like a May GS for the new hires of this group of interviews. Good luck to everyone out there who's preparing for their interviews, remember, this too shall pass :)

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

TheRealPapaK wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:54 pm Air Canada has $7.68B in liquidity. They will be fine for 5 months at current cash burn.
exactly. years and years of profit. and giving pretzels for a 3-4 hour flights. i'm sure AC will be just fine for few months.

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

U guys at an edibles party today?

dumbbell daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dumbbell daddy »

Transition9er2 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:40 am
NG737 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am Hey guys and gals
Not sure if I am in the correct thread, have an interview with AC next week, wondering if anyone here can throw some tips on it, what kind of questions, how long is the interview?, any technical stuff? are they all" tell me about a time" type questions etc, etc.

Any help / advice is greatly appreciate my fellow countrymen/ women :)

Thanks.
Don’t listen to the downers on here too much, more negativity than useful information unfortunately!!

Regardless, congrats on the interview!! You’re correct, a lot of situational and personality type questions for the face to face interview. Expect 2-3 ppl asking questions, my experience was very positive.

You’ll do a full medical (everything besides the finger up the ***) and you’ll do a 350(ish) True/False personality test.

All in all it’s pretty painless. Do some digging on here and you’ll find a lot of information about other ppls experience.

Glad to hear the interviews are still taking place, best news I’ve read on here in a week or so, hopefully it continues.

Good luck!!

T.
+1. Great post. Best news I've heard all week as well.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

From my previous post....

I did make sure to specify that news to be all before the week we had just had.

I know of atleast 2 ppl with interviews this week. I will reach out to them and ask if it's still on.

As for gs being delayed....that all depends on what comes of the govt announcement tomorrow about gatherings in public spaces and offices. Rumours of a delays for March 23rd and the April ground school are floating around flight ops HQ

Liftvsdrag
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Liftvsdrag »

iflyroads wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:37 pm From my previous post....

I know of atleast 2 ppl with interviews this week. I will reach out to them and ask if it's still on.

As for gs being delayed....that all depends on what comes of the govt announcement tomorrow about gatherings in public spaces and offices. Rumours of a delays for March 23rd and the April ground school are floating around flight ops HQ
Hi Iflyroads,

Considering most pilots from March 23rd GS already quit their jobs, do you know if the notice of a delayed GS would be given prior the 18th (Official hiring date for them) or after? Because if it's before, these fellas won't be able to get EI, health benefits, etc... during this time of crisis for the industry.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Liftvsdrag wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:06 am
iflyroads wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:37 pm From my previous post....

Hi Iflyroads,

Considering most pilots from March 23rd GS already quit their jobs, do you know if the notice of a delayed GS would be given prior the 18th (Official hiring date for them) or after? Because if it's before, these fellas won't be able to get EI, health benefits, etc... during this time of crisis for the industry.

Unsure. It's just a rumour at this point. The 1pm address from the PM has to happen first, just to see what (if any) restrictions there will be.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

A friend of mine got contacted by AC today to set up an interview.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Another source now confirming the next gs is delayed

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

Delayed is the friendly way to say cancelled. The next 2 are scrubbed for sure.

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

Squid wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:12 am Delayed is the friendly way to say cancelled. The next 2 are scrubbed for sure.
Probably a good thing. Would you quit your job for a new hire groundschool anywhere in this environment?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I think delayed would be fair.

I'm sure when this passes it will be the same people offered the seat.

Return to “Air Canada”