Page 1 of 1
Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:29 am
by eastpilot
Hello AvCanadians
Any current info on Pay / Sched / WAWCON on the Citation with PAL?
I understand that bird mostly does trips from YYT - YYZ, and a scattered local trip when the KA350s are busy / broken.
Any info would be helpful, thanks
EP
Re: Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:05 pm
by iflyroads
would like to revive this thread, anyone have any current info?
Re: Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:10 pm
by anona
I'm not sure who they call for these postings?
Perhaps they only post to stir up the internal commotion?
I as well as several friends applied previously! All of us wishing wishing to move back to the East. Even with a very full resume, none of us received a call!
It's not always about what you know.

Re: Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:12 am
by Saxub
You should know that. It's never about what you know, and always about who you know.
Re: Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:42 am
by wrhs
I know they are looking for high time pilots that want to live and work in NL. You are only going to fly roughly 200 hours a year, so it's not a time building job and not a good first jet job because it might be two to three weeks between flights.
And yes, it's who you know. Hope this helps.
Re: Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:06 am
by NickyNick
Saxub wrote:You should know that. It's never about what you know, and always about who you know.
Why does an employer expect you to know someone at a place you've never worked? And how can that possibly be?
Re: Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:12 am
by NickyNick
anona wrote:I'm not sure who they call for these postings?
Perhaps they only post to stir up the internal commotion?
I as well as several friends applied previously! All of us wishing wishing to move back to the East. Even with a very full resume, none of us received a call!
It's not always about what you know.

I was given advice before starting aviation career that the first job is the hardest to get. Took about a month to get first job, past few years spent trying to get a regional job and nothing yet. I bet most job postings are just posted to keep the flight schools in business. Time to limit the number of licenses issued. Becoming a total scam.
Re: Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:40 am
by Saxub
NickyNick wrote:Saxub wrote:You should know that. It's never about what you know, and always about who you know.
Why does an employer expect you to know someone at a place you've never worked? And how can that possibly be?
Have you ever thought that you need to get out more? Ask for references through friends, friends of friends etc.? I have never had anyone turn down the opportunity to help if I asked nicely. A lot of my connections are people who I only met since entering the industry, and met through other pilots. Ever heard of LinkedIn? Perhaps make an account and start connecting with people.
Re: Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:48 am
by iflyroads
Saxub wrote:NickyNick wrote:Saxub wrote:You should know that. It's never about what you know, and always about who you know.
Why does an employer expect you to know someone at a place you've never worked? And how can that possibly be?
Have you ever thought that you need to get out more? Ask for references through friends, friends of friends etc.? I have never had anyone turn down the opportunity to help if I asked nicely. A lot of my connections are people who I only met since entering the industry, and met through other pilots. Ever heard of LinkedIn? Perhaps make an account and start connecting with people.
Please dont respond to his/her posts, they are just trolling on this forum. Hoping ignoring them will make them stop.
Re: Provincial C550 FO
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:50 am
by Saxub
Roger.