Page 1 of 1

Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:36 am
by Komshia
hey guys . I pass transport Canada flight dispatcher exams its been a while and as you u know its valid for two years from the date of the exams, as well as I have Diploma in air traffic control and good knowledge in aviation . i tried to applied wherever i see job vacancy and almost all airline company . unfortunately i did not get chance for interview or call and wondering why ?

what do you think guys ?
what the employer looking for ?

anyone has good advice i will be appreciate .
Thanks

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:28 am
by ahramin
First question: Is English your first language?

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:33 am
by Komshia
Second language

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:39 am
by ahramin
I would work very hard on improving your English, and make sure your resume has been proofread by someone qualified to do so.

What airlines have you applied at? What part of the country are you in?

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:01 am
by Komshia
yes i agree with you i need to be improved, actually i am located in Toronto Ontario .

yes my resume its been written by Qualified person , if you know English school or program that offering courses let me know

Airlines like Air Canada, West Jet .. and major companies

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:11 am
by JZA Dxer
You may have a hard time getting an interview with a major airline with zero dispatch experience. That is not to say it can't happen but unlikely. You may want to consider applying for a job at a smaller operation to get the experience and then apply at the majors. At Jazz we have hired people right of college but not many. Good luck!

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:21 am
by Komshia
Thank you for reply .

its true, it will be much easier

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:02 pm
by pepsi
I'm in the same situation as yours, I passed fdmet and fdops, I'm bilingual (french and english), I have cpl, I have experience as a flight attendant, send resumes almost everywhere it was possible to do so and never got any interview... welcome in the aviation world !!!

Thank god, I did it by myself and didn't pay for any courses to pass it, otherwise I will be more in debt than I'm right now (due to pilote licence).

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:27 am
by ahramin
Maybe they aren't hiring at this moment? My brother-in-law just graduated from an 8 month dispatching course and had a full time job offer before finishing his practicum.

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:38 pm
by pepsi
ahramin wrote:Maybe they aren't hiring at this moment? My brother-in-law just graduated from an 8 month dispatching course and had a full time job offer before finishing his practicum.

Good for him, but all the resumes I've sent, were to apply to jobs that has been published by compagnies, I never had any answer. They ask for specific experiences in the field but if no one hire you it's gonna be difficult to get one.
Anyway it was the same thing when I looked for a job as a pilot, I know the music now.

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:00 pm
by Komshia
I Know some people got job with no experience in aviation at all.
does not matter if we have experience in aviation its all about who you know . the key is here ( connection with right people in field )
however its good to know someone .