New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: New hire bids

Post by rudder »

Turboprops wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:01 pm
ogopogo wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:14 pm
Why would a candidate not take the CA offer?
They made it very clear that, if a DEC fails training, there’s no protection written in the CBA.

When the CBA was written, no one thought DEC would be a thing. It states that if a candidate fails an upgrade, you go back to your previous position.

Well, what’s DEC’s previous position?
As a probationary employee (12 months) your employment status is at the discretion of the company. The bar for termination is lower than for non-probationary employees (including technical competency).

Logic would dictate that the pilot would re-qualify as an FO on same type with an embargo on further upgrade opportunities for a specified period of time. If unsuccessful at qualifying as an FO, then certainly jeopardy would exist.

Thus far, this is uncharted territory.
---------- ADS -----------

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

rudder wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:44 am
Turboprops wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:01 pm
ogopogo wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:14 pm
Why would a candidate not take the CA offer?
They made it very clear that, if a DEC fails training, there’s no protection written in the CBA.

When the CBA was written, no one thought DEC would be a thing. It states that if a candidate fails an upgrade, you go back to your previous position.

Well, what’s DEC’s previous position?
As a probationary employee (12 months) your employment status is at the discretion of the company. The bar for termination is lower than for non-probationary employees (including technical competency).

Logic would dictate that the pilot would re-qualify as an FO on same type with an embargo on further upgrade opportunities for a specified period of time. If unsuccessful at qualifying as an FO, then certainly jeopardy would exist.

Thus far, this is uncharted territory.
Maybe that's why they rescinded the job ads into 2 ads: DEC and FO.
They now prefer 3000 hours of total time, 1000 hours of multi-engine turbine time and at least 500 of command time on a multi-engine aircraft.

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papi »

Sorry if this is a little off the current topic. But does anyone on here know how long I will be waiting to hear back whether or not I passed my sim eval? I had it on august 24th and they said they would let me know in a couple weeks if I passed or not, but they still haven’t said yes or no. A couple days after the sim they emailed me letting me know they want to move forward with the hiring process which required me to get the background check, medical, and reference check. Does that mean I passed the sim eval? And how much longer should I be waiting to hear back from them. So far they’ve done the background check/drug test, and references but they still haven’t had me do a medical. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Papi on Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

Papi wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:02 pm Sorry if this is a little off the current topic. But does anyone on here know how long I will be waiting to hear back whether or not I passed my sim eval? I had it on august 24th and they said they would let me know in a couple weeks if I passed or not, but they still haven’t said yes or no. A couple days after the sim they emailed me letting me know they want to move forward with the hiring process which required me to get the background check, medical, and reference check. Does that mean I passed the sim eval? And how much longer should I be waiting to hear back from them. So far they’ve done the background check/drug test, and references but they still haven’t had me do a medical. Thanks in advance.
If they sent you for the drug test and reference check you passed the sim eval. Typically, no news is good news so I wouldn't worry. There is no medical outside of the drug test. Typically you can reach out to HR and ask for a status update, they usually don't mind telling you what's up.

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

Papi wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:02 pm Sorry if this is a little off the current topic. But does anyone on here know how long I will be waiting to hear back whether or not I passed my sim eval? I had it on august 24th and they said they would let me know in a couple weeks if I passed or not, but they still haven’t said yes or no. A couple days after the sim they emailed me letting me know they want to move forward with the hiring process which required me to get the background check, medical, and reference check. Does that mean I passed the sim eval? And how much longer should I be waiting to hear back from them. So far they’ve done the background check/drug test, and references but they still haven’t had me do a medical. Thanks in advance.
Did you do the sim eval in YVR or YYZ? That might affect the timeline

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

maverick12 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:02 am
I'm curious, why would YVR be longer than YYZ? Both have their own Chief Pilots and their Line ops manager take a look at the candidate application, don't they?

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papi »

yhz41 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:44 am
If they sent you for the drug test and reference check you passed the sim eval. Typically, no news is good news so I wouldn't worry. There is no medical outside of the drug test. Typically you can reach out to HR and ask for a status update, they usually don't mind telling you what's up.
Ok thanks, I’ll try to get a hold of hr

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papi »

My sim eval was in Vancouver!

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

Papi wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:09 pm
Heard yvr people might take slightly longer. What experience did you apply with?

Boeingman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Boeingman »

looks like theyre tearing down the YYZ DH8 sim at CAE

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papi »

maverick12 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:39 pm

Heard yvr people might take slightly longer. What experience did you apply with?
Ya sounds like I might have to wait until 2023 before Training if they do offer me the job.
ATPL
2300 hrs tt
2000 PIC
500 Multi
No multi crew though

RobertChow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RobertChow »

Papi wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:04 pm

Ya sounds like I might have to wait until 2023 before Training if they do offer me the job.
ATPL
2300 hrs tt
2000 PIC
500 Multi
No multi crew though
I passed my sim eval in YVR the 22nd of August. They contacted me 3 days later saying that I passed and were contacting my references. 2 weeks later was in the pool.

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

ATPL
2300 hrs tt
2000 PIC
500 Multi
No multi crew though
Good luck man, that’s good experience, there’s still 3 GSs left this year after Sept so fingers crossed for you

Papi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papi »

RobertChow wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:19 pm

ATPL
2300 hrs tt
2000 PIC
500 Multi
No multi crew though
I passed my sim eval in YVR the 22nd of August. They contacted me 3 days later saying that I passed and were contacting my references. 2 weeks later was in the pool.
Congrats, that's awesome! They emailed my references on the 7th so hopefully don't have to wait too much longer to hear back.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

RobertChow wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:19 pm

ATPL
2300 hrs tt
2000 PIC
500 Multi
No multi crew though
If you have MPIC I expect them to call you very soon!

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

Boeingman wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:44 pm looks like theyre tearing down the YYZ DH8 sim at CAE
Excellent news! Out with the old, in with the new. I wonder what they'll put in its place? Jazz wasn't the only one using that sim, so is it going somewhere else? A few other operators were using it for training.

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

Any news on the latest bids in the Sept 19 class?

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Oct 31st DEC only. Already filled
Next should be sometime in November.

tango308
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tango308 »

maverick12 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:38 am Any news on the latest bids in the Sept 19 class?
8 Spots

3 RJ FO YYZ
5 Q4 DEC or FO YYZ

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

tango308 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:42 am
maverick12 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:38 am Any news on the latest bids in the Sept 19 class?
8 Spots

3 RJ FO YYZ
5 Q4 DEC or FO YYZ
Wow thanks, didn’t expect the class to be this small

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”