New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Keinn4whstlr4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: New hire bids

Post by Keinn4whstlr4 »

Yes this is true in my case. They did my background/criminal check & drug test before the sim eval. Called my references the day after the sim eval.
---------- ADS -----------

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

That sounds good thanks!

Does anybody know what GS date calls are going out for?

wezoomin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wezoomin »

Keinn4whstlr4 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:48 am Yes this is true in my case. They did my background/criminal check & drug test before the sim eval. Called my references the day after the sim eval.
How long ago was that? My sim was done over two weeks ago and, as far as I know, my references still haven’t been called. I did not receive a PFO either.

Is no news still good news?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

kiaszceski wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:49 am That sounds good thanks!

Does anybody know what GS date calls are going out for?
Likely August-Sept GS's

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Cavalier44 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:39 am
Canadaflyer46 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:45 am
Malfunction wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:19 am Will Direct entry Cpts about to come aboard, Jazz is about to become a shit show. If the company had a proper picus program its alot better to upgrade FO's who already know the company routes and how the company runs. Brace yourselves everyone.
PICUS is a joke. You’re either the PIC with sole responsibility, or you’re not. The problem stopping FOs getting their ATPL is Transport’s outdated, meaningless and arbitrary requirements. For instance having to spend 25 hours as PIC ‘cross county’ at night. Not sure how helpful or relevant to their job it is having airline FOs having to rent a 172 to get those.
The problem stopping FOs from getting their ATPLs has nothing to do with Transport Canada's requirements, as outdated and arbitrary as they may be. Everyone with an ATPL had to meet the same requirements. If you need to rent a C172 and go get your 25 hours of night cross-country in order to complete your ATPL, go do it, preferably as soon as you can! I think what's ultimately holding people back is a sense of entitlement ("the TC rules are so unfair and outdated, I'll wait until they change them") or simply a lack of motivation.

If money's an issue, you have the option of going to the bank and applying for a line of credit, or applying for an introductory rate credit card with 0% interest for the first year. I went with the latter option, and I know many others who have done the same thing. The minute I had my ATPL sticker in my hand, I was awarded a captain position by my company and started training the subsequent month. With my pay now doubled, I was able to pay back the credit card over the next few months without ever incurring any interest.

I personally know several pilots who have been at Jazz for a number of years now, and still haven't gotten their hours for the ATPL. Frankly, it's embarrassing watching these people turn into permanent FOs because they lack the drive to complete the ATPL requirements. If you want the left seat, or if you want to go to AC, leave your sense of entitlement behind and get your hours by whatever means you need to. The incessant whining about TC is silly and ultimately irrelevant - the requirements are what they are, and it's up to you to meet them.
I’m a Jazz Capt with over 20,000 hours, and I got my ATPL the hard way while working up north. However, it’s a hard disagree on your above post. For TC to say that your experience as a Capt flying a 172 on a night flight in clear conditions is more valuable toward a ATPL than a night flight as FO in busy airspace to IFR minimum is just ludicrous

Keinn4whstlr4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Keinn4whstlr4 »

wezoomin wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:15 am
Keinn4whstlr4 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:48 am Yes this is true in my case. They did my background/criminal check & drug test before the sim eval. Called my references the day after the sim eval.
How long ago was that? My sim was done over two weeks ago and, as far as I know, my references still haven’t been called. I did not receive a PFO either.

It was more than a month ago. I have been offered the June 27th GS. Absolutely, no news is always good news. They are really backed up at the moment. So give it some time and I am sure you will hear from them soon!

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Keinn4whstlr4 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:03 pm

It was more than a month ago. I have been offered the June 27th GS. Absolutely, no news is always good news. They are really backed up at the moment. So give it some time and I am sure you will hear from them soon!
How long did it take them to send you the job offer after the sim and references check?
Have you been put in the pool before having the job offer and lastly what's roughly your experience?

Jstrong
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jstrong »

kiaszceski wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:07 pm

How long did it take them to send you the job offer after the sim and references check?
Have you been put in the pool before having the job offer and lastly what's roughly your experience?

I just accepted an offer today. In total it took 4 1/2 weeks from the initial interview > Sim > Ref Checks > to the letter of offer. During the Ref Checks, there were 2 weeks of no contact. As one user said above, they are just overrun with applicants right now and processing is eating the majority of that time up.

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

Jstrong wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:20 pm

I just accepted an offer today. In total it took 4 1/2 weeks from the initial interview > Sim > Ref Checks > to the letter of offer. During the Ref Checks, there were 2 weeks of no contact. As one user said above, they are just overrun with applicants right now and processing is eating the majority of that time up.
As with any airline, your resume will determine how quickly they hire you. A buddy of mine got a call at Jazz 4 business days after his sim while others may take a couple weeks. It all depends on what have you flown (jet time, multi PIC, busy US airport experience), how much total time do you have, do you have an ATPL or not etc. All these different factors along with how you do in the interview determines who gets called first.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

jpilot77 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:12 pm

As with any airline, your resume will determine how quickly they hire you. A buddy of mine got a call at Jazz 4 business days after his sim while others may take a couple weeks. It all depends on what have you flown (jet time, multi PIC, busy US airport experience), how much total time do you have, do you have an ATPL or not etc. All these different factors along with how you do in the interview determines who gets called first.
This is interesting, I didn't know anyone that got their references checked, medical test and criminal background checked in 4 days! That's super fast!

Do you mind sharing his experience?

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

kiaszceski wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:15 pm

This is interesting, I didn't know anyone that got their references checked, medical test and criminal background checked in 4 days! That's super fast!

He interviewed about 2 weeks before his simulator ride and medical. They might have done background and references between his interview and sim eval. I believe he has just over 1500 hours lots of PIC, and jet experience flying into congested US destinations. Also just about has his ATPL time requirements completed and had numerous internal references.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
702pipeliner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 702pipeliner »

jpilot77 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:16 pm
kiaszceski wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:15 pm

He interviewed about 2 weeks before his simulator ride and medical. They might have done background and references between his interview and sim eval. I believe he has just over 1500 hours lots of PIC, and jet experience flying into congested US destinations. Also just about has his ATPL time requirements completed and had numerous internal references.
Doesn't mean a whole lot. Just depends how straightforward his app was. References cause grief and scheduling between both parties. One day at a time.

I have similar experience to thr aforementioned but with ATPL and 2k total time.
My process started end of February was just offered a position.

Keinn4whstlr4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Keinn4whstlr4 »

From the sim and references check , it took about 10 days to send me a job offer. No , I was not put in any pool.
I have roughly about 2500 hours, ATPL , 1200 MPIC , Medevac world

No problem! :)

Admiral Benson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Admiral Benson »

Anyone know what the equipment offering was for the class that started today?

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

Admiral Benson wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:25 pm Anyone know what the equipment offering was for the class that started today?
I am curious if they will award DEC since the bid is delayed

Admiral Benson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Admiral Benson »

Wouldn't surprise me. There are still quite a few individuals out west who were Captains pre-covid that are sitting in the right seat today. Most have 2-4 YOS, But None of them are willing to chase the left seat east of YYC. I fear more western reductions.

rogermuppet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rogermuppet »

9 CRJ YYZ
4 CRJ YUL
4 E175 YYZ
2 Q400 YUL
1 Q400 YYC

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

the-minister31 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:51 pm
Admiral Benson wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:25 pm Anyone know what the equipment offering was for the class that started today?
I am curious if they will award DEC since the bid is delayed
Can you technically award DEC if you don't have a valid PPC within Jazz even if you're employed for just a day ?

Admiral Benson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Admiral Benson »

Yes. You are awarded a position. Then you train for the position you've been awarded. Having a PPC never enters the equation.

But, in order for them to offer DEC they have to have an open captain position in the system that no pilot currently on property has bid for. And given the composition of the June 6th class I'm sure there are some people that might take it.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

No captain will be awarded until they figure out the equipment bid…

Hopefully we get news soon.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”