CRA policy regarding commuter hotels or crashpads

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
RATO
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:03 pm

CRA policy regarding commuter hotels or crashpads

Post by RATO »

Any commuters out there have guidance regarding write offs of commuting costs on personal income tax?

Cheers,

RATO
---------- ADS -----------
 
fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 am

Re: CRA policy regarding commuter hotels or crashpads

Post by fish4life »

Yup can't write any of it off
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: location, location, is what matters

Re: CRA policy regarding commuter hotels or crashpads

Post by confusedalot »

I did not do all of the research but this may help with the feds. Seems like meals and lodging may qualify for transportation workers.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... oyees.html
---------- ADS -----------
 
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”