student loan commercial pilot

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

rotorspeed
Rank 4
Rank 4

student loan commercial pilot

Post by rotorspeed »

To get the student loan in BC to get a commercial license do you have to be enrolled in a college program?
---------- ADS -----------

AirDoan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: student loan commercial pilot

Post by AirDoan »

rotorspeed wrote:To get the student loan in BC to get a commercial license do you have to be enrolled in a college program?
No but you have to have a letter from your industry approved flying school, such as Victoria Flying Club, to qualify. Talk to your FTU, there should be someone to help you! I took one last year just to finish my CPL and the VFC staff were very helpful.

rotorspeed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rotorspeed »

so Im wondering about pacific flying club and coastal pacific

emiliasingle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by emiliasingle »

You don’t have to be enrolled, but you have to have a document showing that you were accepted into the college.
In other words, you can’t get a student loan if you have not been accepted into a college at all. It also might depend on the college and the state you live in because they can have different laws and regulations regarding that.
While working for Mortgage Broker Essex, I enrolled in a new college to get another degree. Still, they told me that I could not get a new loan because I already had a degree and had a job. Therefore, I can’t get a loan and should pay for it myself. Thankfully, I was still able to find a sponsor.

Return to “Flight Training”