New Livery

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

New Livery

Post by tps8903 »

What in the heck did you guys do to your livery?

I would love to hear Flair pilots opinion on the new paint.
---------- ADS -----------

Flairpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: New Livery

Post by Flairpilot »

How about....No comment. :(

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Some hate it, some like it. Either way it's doing the job and getting noticed

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

tbaylx wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:48 pm it's doing the job and getting noticed
That’s an upbeat way to look at it. Have you considered a career in politics?

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

The job of paint is to cover the bare metal, protect from corrosion and be more durable than the underlying primer. So yes, it's doing that job.

It's getting noticed in the same way a person wearing short-shorts, knee high neon socks and sandles gets noticed. AKA, not in a good way.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

goingnowherefast wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:21 am The job of paint is to cover the bare metal, protect from corrosion and be more durable than the underlying primer. So yes, it's doing that job.

It's getting noticed in the same way a person wearing short-shorts, knee high neon socks and sandles gets noticed. AKA, not in a good way.
Either way it stands out. If the guy in high neon socks and sandals is selling you a product for half the price the guy in a suit is, most people will buy from the oddly dressed guy in the neon.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

tbaylx wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:32 pm
goingnowherefast wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:21 am The job of paint is to cover the bare metal, protect from corrosion and be more durable than the underlying primer. So yes, it's doing that job.

Either way it stands out. If the guy in high neon socks and sandals is selling you a product for half the price the guy in a suit is, most people will buy from the oddly dressed guy in the neon.
You certainly drink the kool-aid wherever you go don’t you.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Sure but why would the oddly dressed guy pay extra to be oddly dressed if it is all about saving costs? Why would flair pay extra to add ugly green which is no part of their current color scheme at all?

The only explanation I can come up with is that they actually wanted this because they think it represents their brand well?

Bold choice...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

If only the neon socks guy and the suit guy were selling the same product. Where's my free beer? (Porter)

Flair competes with Greyhound and Via Rail.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

digits_ wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Sure but why would the oddly dressed guy pay extra to be oddly dressed if it is all about saving costs? Why would flair pay extra to add ugly green which is no part of their current color scheme at all?

The only explanation I can come up with is that they actually wanted this because they think it represents their brand well?

Bold choice...
They actually paid a marketing company to come up with it... beats me, not my first choice either but like i said, it gets noticed.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

ant_321 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:03 pm

You certainly drink the kool-aid wherever you go don’t you.
I just try not to be negative and be one of those guys that bitch non stop about how shitty their job is.

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

Who threw up on the airplane?

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

I like it more then the old one. It’s pretty distinct.

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Yet you keep taking shitty jobs just to get a seat wherever to get ahead and try to justify it. First SHITTY swoop which was amazing, until you got punted and now Flair. I do give Flair credit however with their latest contract, which you had no baring on.
tbaylx wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:37 am I just try not to be negative and be one of those guys that bitch non stop about how shitty their job is.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

flyinhigh wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:25 am Yet you keep taking shitty jobs just to get a seat wherever to get ahead and try to justify it. First SHITTY swoop which was amazing, until you got punted and now Flair. I do give Flair credit however with their latest contract, which you had no baring on.

[quote=tbaylx post_id=<a href="tel:1069793">1069793</a> time=<a href="tel:1550669838">1550669838</a> user_id=1736]
I just try not to be negative and be one of those guys that bitch non stop about how shitty their job is.
[/quote]

Don’t forget, he started out his illustrious career at JETSGO.

He must have some collection of pilot shirts and epaulettes by now though.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Donald wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:11 am
Don’t forget, he started out his illustrious career at JETSGO.

He must have some collection of pilot shirts and epaulettes by now though.
HAHAHA, that explains so much.

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

For comparison's sake:

AirportCoffee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AirportCoffee »

Last edited by AirportCoffee on Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FighterPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FighterPilot »

At first I thought this was a joke or someone misinformed. The livery looks like it would be some African carrier that just so happens to have the same name and someone snapped a picture of it. Not sure what they’re thinking unless it’s to get people talking about it.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Billboards in Winnipeg now reflecting new green livery instead of the red/blue/purple ones they out up only a month or two ago

Return to “Flair Airlines”