Q400 Training YYC or YYZ?

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

vxvy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Q400 Training YYC or YYZ?

Post by vxvy »

I attended an Encore Open house back in Jan 2018 and at that time the pilot training was conducted at Flight Safety at the Downsview airport but been hearing now that all training is done in Calgary.

Any rumors or talk about having it back in Toronto?

If in fact the training is in YYC, how long is it for? Any long enough breaks to allow the YYZ folks travel back and visit their families?
---------- ADS -----------

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Q400 Training YYC or YYZ?

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

YYC, six weeks, three days off at the end of the third week.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

Encore uses the CAE Sim in YYZ now (and still occasionally uses the Flight Safety Sim) but almost solely for recurrent training.

DirtyDashDriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DirtyDashDriver »

There are rumours and rumblings that initial training for YYZ based pilots may eventually be fully YYZ save for the first week, but I don't think you should hold your breath.

As for travelling back to see your family, you'll have the odd weekend or few days off here and there, but you'll not really want to travel all that way home for a day or two just to come back. Especially once you get into GFS and SIM, you'll want those off days to study with your sim partner. If you had four or more days off, sure but I don't recall having more than three off in a row during my initial, and only one sim group that had three or four.

vxvy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vxvy »

DirtyDashDriver wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:04 pm There are rumours and rumblings that initial training for YYZ based pilots may eventually be fully YYZ save for the first week, but I don't think you should hold your breath.
Hoping so...thanks for the reply.

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

Return to “WestJet Encore”