What can a Q4 experienced DEC earn at Encore?

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

7dirty7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: What can a Q4 experienced DEC earn at Encore?

Post by 7dirty7 »

skyhighh wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:59 pm
7dirty7 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:18 pm
skyhighh wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:24 am As a DEC I wouldn't bother coming to Encore. You will be working a lot more than anywhere else, pay isn't that great (I know 1000h King Air FOs making more), The FO level is dropping very quickly, no flow to mainline as of now, no One list, 50% of your pairings end with an extension...
Jazz, Porter, Sunwing, Air Transat, Air Canada... All of them are hiring and will give you better benefits/lifestyle.
If you have a family... you'll rarely see them, especially if you commute. Encore isn't what it used to be.

My 2 cents.
1000 king air fo making more? I call bs on that one.
At the moment Fast Air's FOs (And I'm sure it's the same in some other Medevac companies) make more money than what I used to make at Encore on the Left seat. Of course it involves PerDiems, Mileage, base pay, etc... but at the end of the day take home comes back to the same and some months even higher. So... yeah... And don't get me started on Captains nowadays.
But sure, BS :D The industry has changed a lot in the last couple years.
Considering that I was a medevac capt in Alberta for several years making good money before coming here and now I'm taking home more (not much more but more) then yeah I still call BS that a 1000 hour king air fo is taking home more than an Encore capt.
---------- ADS -----------

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skyhighh »

7dirty7 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:08 pm
7dirty7 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:18 pm

1000 king air fo making more? I call bs on that one.
At the moment Fast Air's FOs (And I'm sure it's the same in some other Medevac companies) make more money than what I used to make at Encore on the Left seat. Of course it involves PerDiems, Mileage, base pay, etc... but at the end of the day take home comes back to the same and some months even higher. So... yeah... And don't get me started on Captains nowadays.
Considering that I was a medevac capt in Alberta for several years making good money before coming here and now I'm taking home more (not much more but more) then yeah I still call BS that a 1000 hour king air fo is taking home more than an Encore capt.
I didn't say all of them made more money... But sure whatever. You guys at Encore continue protecting your amazing pay! Best in the market apparently. Better than a king air FO WOW!! Must be nice 😂 I mean good thing you are making all this extra $. How is picking up garbage by the way? When is the last time you guys got a decent profit share?
Listening to some encore guys on this forum it really sounds like you are living the dream watching everyone with a couple thousand hours bypassing you all to mainline. I hope you enjoy yyz cause you're going to be based there on the right seat of a 737 for a long long time if you ever get there.. How many times did they stop the flow in the last few years again?

To the original poster, forget all I said, DEC at Encore apparently is worth it. 7dirty7 says that you barely make more than a king air captain. 👍👍.

7dirty7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 7dirty7 »

[quote=
To the original poster, forget all I said, DEC at Encore apparently is worth it. 7dirty7 says that you barely make more than a king air captain. 👍👍.
[/quote]

You don't even work at encore and you are giving advice or info on the pay? Sounds legit. Why you so mad bro?

To the OP you are looking at 100g gross pay first year all in.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Cause 100 grand "all in" is only slightly more than a 90 grand king air job.

yvrpilot82
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yvrpilot82 »

skyhighh wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:41 pm
7dirty7 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:08 pm

I didn't say all of them made more money... But sure whatever. You guys at Encore continue protecting your amazing pay! Best in the market apparently. Better than a king air FO WOW!! Must be nice 😂 I mean good thing you are making all this extra $. How is picking up garbage by the way? When is the last time you guys got a decent profit share?
Listening to some encore guys on this forum it really sounds like you are living the dream watching everyone with a couple thousand hours bypassing you all to mainline. I hope you enjoy yyz cause you're going to be based there on the right seat of a 737 for a long long time if you ever get there.. How many times did they stop the flow in the last few years again?

Grooming stopped with the new contracts at WJ/WEN. Still lots of keeners jumping up with rubber gloves on but each to their own. As long as it's not interfering with flight duties then go nuts picking crumbs off the seats if that's what you enjoy I suppose.
7dirty7's enthusiastic approach is both admiral and atypical. Most Encore guys with a couple years plus on property are ground down and past caring. Anyone who's had the chance go to AC has taken it, the rest are just treading water and waiting to see what unfolds with this cluster f*ck.

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skyhighh »

7dirty7 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:27 pm
You don't even work at encore and you are giving advice or info on the pay? Sounds legit. Why you so mad bro?

I used to work there so... yeah...legit. As for 100k... no way unless you do line indoc + pick up quite a bit of overtime which is almost impossible now for a captain since they are maxed out at 18 days and often are too tired to pick up anything else (Don't even think about picking up OT if you are a commuter, it's basically impossible). Fatigue is a real issue and is one of the main concerns that came up in the WHY survey. Get your numbers right, either you listen too much to the WestJet BS or work in the crystal palace cause your idea of what Encore is is far from realistic.

Why so mad? Cause my brothers and sisters are getting royally Scr**ed on a daily basis. They came to Encore for:

- Commuting policy : gone (replaced by a new system that nobody understands and will be "tested" this winter when IROPS starts to actually affect the commuters)
- Profit share: basically gone as in the last 3 years pilots barely got anything. My last profit share in my company was twice the total amount I received in all my years at Encore
- Flow to mainline : Keep getting stopped...
- One list : Gone
- 100% matched shares : Gone in a month or two
- Respect from the company and mainline pilots : None
- Considered the pilots at mainline as their brothers and sisters and then got screwed in return by them.
My friends at Encore have more than 5.000h and are all getting bypassed by 1500-2000h wonder to mainline that will take their base, their captain spot, etc...
So yeah, I'm mad. Not for myself but for my peers that are getting the shaft as they are being asked to work harder, do more while basically "teaching" the new first officers during almost every pairing as the level of Encore FOs is getting scary. Don't trust me? Ask any of your buddies at Encore if you have any. There is a reason why some FO refuse the Captain upgrade.

YvrPilo82: Grooming stopped... well not really unfortunately, it's a bit more complicated than that. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Goingnowherefast: only slightly more than 90 grand KA job I agree, once again though... 100k isn't accurate and on a King Air job, it's often 2 weeks on/off or week on/off which is less than the 18 days a month Encore captains fly. Also, as mentioned in this post, there is no way to touch 100k without doing overtime... so you definitely make more per days of work flying a KA or Metro (Perimeter pilots were making 100k a year doing Medevac before they started giving retention bonus...so just at PAG you DEFINITELY exceed Encore's Captain pay by quite a margin and for working only 2 weeks a month).

I love how some of you try to defend Encore but clearly either know nothing about the conditions there or live in the YYC world drinking the Koolaid. Air Canada has almost every single Encore captain's resume and even FOs are leaving the boat. 2 of the ALPA negotiating committee even left for Transat... If that doesn't say anything about the working conditions at Encore I don't know what other proof you need.

If Encore brought back EVERYTHING that was promised to their pilots upon hiring... then yes I would recommend Encore. But right now? No way, there is no reason to go there especially when you can go straight to Mainline and bypass 500 pilots.

Cheers

YYZGDP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YYZGDP »

skyhighh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:03 am

I used to work there so... yeah...legit. As for 100k... no way unless you do line indoc + pick up quite a bit of overtime which is almost impossible now for a captain since they are maxed out at 18 days and often are too tired to pick up anything else (Don't even think about picking up OT if you are a commuter, it's basically impossible). Fatigue is a real issue and is one of the main concerns that came up in the WHY survey. Get your numbers right, either you listen too much to the WestJet BS or work in the crystal palace cause your idea of what Encore is is far from realistic.

Why so mad? Cause my brothers and sisters are getting royally Scr**ed on a daily basis. They came to Encore for:

- Commuting policy : gone (replaced by a new system that nobody understands and will be "tested" this winter when IROPS starts to actually affect the commuters)
- Profit share: basically gone as in the last 3 years pilots barely got anything. My last profit share in my company was twice the total amount I received in all my years at Encore
- Considered the pilots at mainline as their brothers and sisters and then got screwed in return by them.
My friends at Encore have more than 5.000h and are all getting bypassed by 1500-2000h wonder to mainline that will take their base, their captain spot, etc...
So yeah, I'm mad. Not for myself but for my peers that are getting the shaft as they are being asked to work harder, do more while basically "teaching" the new first officers during almost every pairing as the level of Encore FOs is getting scary. Don't trust me? Ask any of your buddies at Encore if you have any. There is a reason why some FO refuse the Captain upgrade.

YvrPilo82: Grooming stopped... well not really unfortunately, it's a bit more complicated than that. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Goingnowherefast: only slightly more than 90 grand KA job I agree, once again though... 100k isn't accurate and on a King Air job, it's often 2 weeks on/off or week on/off which is less than the 18 days a month Encore captains fly. Also, as mentioned in this post, there is no way to touch 100k without doing overtime... so you definitely make more per days of work flying a KA or Metro (Perimeter pilots were making 100k a year doing Medevac before they started giving retention bonus...so just at PAG you DEFINITELY exceed Encore's Captain pay by quite a margin and for working only 2 weeks a month).

I love how some of you try to defend Encore but clearly either know nothing about the conditions there or live in the YYC world drinking the Koolaid. Air Canada has almost every single Encore captain's resume and even FOs are leaving the boat. 2 of the ALPA negotiating committee even left for Transat... If that doesn't say anything about the working conditions at Encore I don't know what other proof you need.

If Encore brought back EVERYTHING that was promised to their pilots upon hiring... then yes I would recommend Encore. But right now? No way, there is no reason to go there especially when you can go straight to Mainline and bypass 500 pilots.

Cheers
+1

You nailed it.

Perfect summary.

I wouldn't recommend Encore to anyone, anymore.

7dirty7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 7dirty7 »

skyhighh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:03 am

Cheers
First off I'm pretty sure I didn't defend anything (working conditions etc). What I said is that there is no way a 1000h king Air fo is making more than an encore capt. I don't do line indoc and I don't pick up overtime and I'll be over the 100 this year. Part of the reason it's 100+ is because we are working 80-85 hours a month. And the 100+ was including everything. You can be mad if you want for your friends but the people who want to move on are moving on. Some of us are hoping the take over will bring good things. I'm glad for you that you moved on and found something that is better for you. While there may be a lot of negativity I'm not going to let that ruin my day, week, month, year or life. Funny how this turned from a "how much does a year 1 encore capt make" into something much different.

Return to “WestJet Encore”