Pilot Transfer Agreement

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FISH-FLY
Rank 1
Rank 1

Pilot Transfer Agreement

Post by FISH-FLY »

Would anyone care to share the details of when this vote is taking place? Are there roadshows/educational materials to be presented first? Also, is it strictly WJ Mainline voters, under the assumption that Encore pilots are in favour of the conditions?
---------- ADS -----------

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Pilot Transfer Agreement

Post by tbayav8er »

The vote will be completed by 10am EST on the 12th. Both Encore and Westjet/Swoop pilot groups will be voting on it separately at the same time. Both MEC's have been busy doing all pilot calls, roadshows, etc. and are continuing to do so over the next week.

FISH-FLY
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FISH-FLY »

Thanks for the reply. So, I'm assuming that it must pass at each bargaining unit individually (as opposed to collectively between the two)? Is it a 50%+ threshold for passing?

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

I would assume the threshold is 50%, and yes, it has to pass the vote for both pilot groups separately. It's not combined.

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

I would avoid spreading information regarding the vote outside of the company until the results have been published and any grievances have been seen.

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Now that the PTA is in effect and the first bid involving all three groups is out, one question out of curiosity.
There are pilots who bid over to Swoop for the upgrade and are now rethinking that decision and bidding back to Westjet as an FO.
Do those pilots?
A) return to year 1 FO pay for Westjet
B)Return to the current service length they had when they transferred to swoop?
C) Do they go to the service length they’ve accrued in their time at Westjet/Swoop combined.

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:19 pm Now that the PTA is in effect and the first bid involving all three groups is out, one question out of curiosity.
There are pilots who bid over to Swoop for the upgrade and are now rethinking that decision and bidding back to Westjet as an FO.
Do those pilots?
A) return to year 1 FO pay for Westjet
B)Return to the current service length they had when they transferred to swoop?
C) Do they go to the service length they’ve accrued in their time at Westjet/Swoop combined.
A. Yes, for now.
B. PTA has all Swoop and mainline employees accruing YOS.
C. Yes.

Personally, the only people I know who are bidding Encore to Swoop are people who came with experience that allows them to meet Swoop requirements, or want the type rating so that they can get some experience and the TR.

Return to “WestJet”