YEG Assessments upcoming

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

YEG Assessments upcoming

Post by outflying8 »

Anyone else get the invites? I just got my date for YEG in person assessments. So excited but nervous out of my gourd (haven't done the FEAST yet, did the old W-SIM and passed that one)
---------- ADS -----------

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D
shadow17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YEG Assessments upcoming

Post by shadow17 »

I just got my invite today and am testing Feb 17. Not sure what to expect really!

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by moosetracks »

shadow17 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:12 pm I just got my invite today and am testing Feb 17. Not sure what to expect really!
Not really something you can prepare for, just try your best.

There are three people from my bootcamp that I know of in YEG who passed the October 2019 bootcamp and are eligible for VFR/IFR offers but didn't get one for the class starting in March/May, respectively (9 people in bootcamp, 1 went VFR, one IFR, 3 others "passed").

A bit curious how many people they end up inviting to FEAST this time around (maybe a smaller group if they have a large number of people who passed everything last fall?) or if they will just continue to build the "eligible for offer pool". We had 100 FEAST and ca. 30 bootcamp people total this past fall. No idea how many others passed from the other bootcamp days or how many got offers who just went through the bootcamp vs were in the eligible pool from previous bootcamp dates. Sounds like the current IFR class for this coming May is for terminal so was a smaller group. Basically even if you make it successfully through the whole interview process there is no guarantee you get a training offer...

Keep us posted on how many FEAST people they are taking and any word on plans for upcoming courses.

mcelhatt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mcelhatt »

I got an invite for in person assessment yesterday too! February 20 :D

evilgravy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by evilgravy »

Any idea on how many people tested per FEAST day? I noticed when they sent the invite out there were lots of day choices.

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by moosetracks »

evilgravy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:19 pm Any idea on how many people tested per FEAST day? I noticed when they sent the invite out there were lots of day choices.
They have space for 10/day. There are plenty of breaks throughout the day, you'll want to bring a lunch and some snacks. They had water, coffee, and doughnuts/muffins for us this past fall.

They interviewed (2 day bootcamp) ca. 30 last fall. See my previous comment above for what I know of how many made it.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”