Pay raise

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Pay raise

Post by Fanblade »

TSAM wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:45 pm
GATRKGA wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:43 pm Looks like transat beats rouge on every scale and year.

This basically makes ts pilots equals or better to rouge pilots from a salary point of view, especially when considering how little they actually work? Removes any sort of negotiation that ts pilots will have a better career at AC and hence have to shove it on the seniority side of things?

Or am I wrong?

Hopefully a healthy debate can be made without any maple leafs falling off anyone’s hat :lol:
This is why Calin is pissed. I and many would guess the original plan was to roll Rouge back into mainline and have TS as the vacation airline. But now all of a sudden it's more expensive because of one employee group compared to Rouge and he's unable to under bid fares to WS/Onex and SW, despite millions sperged on Airmiles and the TS purchased.
Based on your comments you seem to think Transat pilots just tanked CR’s business plan. If the plan no longer works...........think about it for a moment.

Careful pissing off CR. I can guarantee it will not go without consequence. It’s his hallmark.

AC employees have felt it. Jazz was hit with it. Aveos felt it.

He disappears into the background slowly stacking the deck in his favour. Then reappears to point a gun to your head.

It’s how he works. He’s actually quite predicable.

The message is work with me and I will be reasonable. Piss on my hand and I will take your arm out of its socket.

So if your going to piss him off make sure you have an upper hand that can not be overcome. It needs to be very calculated. Otherwise.........
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Fanblade wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:56 am
Careful pissing off CR. I can guarantee it will not go without consequence. It’s his hallmark.

AC employees have felt it. Jazz was hit with it. Aveos felt it.

He disappears into the background slowly stacking the deck in his favour. Then reappears to point a gun to your head.

It’s how he works. He’s actually quite predicable.

The message is work with me and I will be reasonable. Piss on my hand and I will take your arm out of its socket.

So if your going to piss him off make sure you have an upper hand that can not be overcome. It needs to be very calculated. Otherwise.........
Yup.

If I was a TRZ shareholder I would be expecting a ‘revised’ offer. The economics of this deal changed overnight for several different reasons not including the TS CBA which will be meaningless if the merger is consummated. And don’t forget that AC and ACPA have not even begun discussions about what the operational consolidation would look like.

The alternative outcome may be a $40MM cheque and salutations.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

TSAM wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:45 pm
GATRKGA wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:43 pm Looks like transat beats rouge on every scale and year.

This basically makes ts pilots equals or better to rouge pilots from a salary point of view, especially when considering how little they actually work? Removes any sort of negotiation that ts pilots will have a better career at AC and hence have to shove it on the seniority side of things?

Or am I wrong?

Hopefully a healthy debate can be made without any maple leafs falling off anyone’s hat :lol:
This is why Calin is pissed. I and many would guess the original plan was to roll Rouge back into mainline and have TS as the vacation airline. But now all of a sudden it's more expensive because of one employee group compared to Rouge and he's unable to under bid fares to WS/Onex and SW, despite millions sperged on Airmiles and the TS purchased.
Rudder,

On so many levels this would piss CR off. On another level not yet discussed, but ultimately relates to money. Does the merger proceed reasonably with cool heads. Or does one group attempt to take advantage of the other group and start a war that takes a decade to move past.

If those comments above are factual. I have no idea who these people actually are of course. But if they are true, and were intended as described? To one up AC pilots. To put Transat pilots at an advantage over AC pilots.

They just triggered a war.

That would be unfortunate for everyone.

Return to “Air Transat”