Swoop CRM Class Shutdown by Police

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

scabbydoo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Swoop CRM Class Shutdown by Police

Post by scabbydoo »

In keeping with Swoop's standard approach to safety, managers feel that the rules don't apply to them in the name of "best practice" since they're an "essential service". Apparently the Halton Regional Police disagree and shut them down mid-class for disregarding social distancing and isolation requirements. :lol: :lol: :lol:
---------- ADS -----------

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Swoop CRM Class Shutdown by Police

Post by dialdriver »

From Westjet's website: "Our values are reflected in everything we do"

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Were they were watching a bootlegged copy of American Airlines' "Children of the Magenta" when the cops busted in?

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Someone seriously was pissed they had CRM.. :smt040

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

flyinhigh wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:57 pm Someone seriously was pissed they had CRM.. :smt040
I was thinking that, someone in that class obviously reported the non compliance.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Is it Westjetty to drop a dime on your colleagues at your ULCC division? :lol:

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:53 pm Is it Westjetty to drop a dime on your colleagues at your ULCC division? :lol:
dialdriver wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:42 pm From Westjet's website: "Our values are reflected in everything we do"

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

It sounds funny, agreed, but weren't airlines considered essential services? How are people getting home if there are no airlines flying around?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

digits_ wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:25 pm It sounds funny, agreed, but weren't airlines considered essential services? How are people getting home if there are no airlines flying around?
If we don’t have our annual CRM, are the planes going to start falling from the sky?
Jazz has made adjustments to class size so that we can have the physical separation recommended by the health advisories. Where possible companies should be doing this, obviously some situations won’t allow it but for CRM, seems ridiculous to cram people in for that(No idea how many where there).

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

what is this "drop a dime" ?
:)
I Applepay everything.
and where i am dropping said dime? (that's like a baby quarter or something right ?)
kidding....the first time I had to use an Apple product was because the Corporation made me.
but really, "drop a dime" ?

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

mbav8r wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:30 pm
digits_ wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:25 pm It sounds funny, agreed, but weren't airlines considered essential services? How are people getting home if there are no airlines flying around?
If we don’t have our annual CRM, are the planes going to start falling from the sky?
Unless the regulator approves exemptions, I don't think it is fair to fault an airline for following the approved training schedule.

I agree with your remarks about the class size and distances, but there doesn't seem to be enough detailed info to properly judge that.

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

AC postponed all CRM classes.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

True digits. Exempt and yeah the regulator should be the ones granting exemptions or extensions but they aren’t. Cops obviously didn’t know they were exempt either nor did the wizard that called them.

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

digits_ wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:42 pm
mbav8r wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:30 pm
Unless the regulator approves exemptions, I don't think it is fair to fault an airline for following the approved training schedule.

I agree with your remarks about the class size and distances, but there doesn't seem to be enough detailed info to properly judge that.
Really? At a time when people are supposed to avoid large groups due to a highly communicable virus running rampant, killing thousands and destroying the world economy, the geniuses at Swoop can't come up with ANY alternatives to the traditional classroom setting for a stupid CRM course? While every other business is either canceling meetings/training or conducting it via Skype or similar, they can't think of ANY POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVES? Well, I guess that's the kind of judgement and imaginative leadership that gets the cops called on you.

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

So how many were in the class? How far apart were they? Swoop ain’t that big. Maybe Tc should finally step up to the plate? More than one dance partner here and I do know Tc isn’t granting extensions or offering approved video crm. Sure you can cancel the course but then your peeps expire. And if you are still flying them well. You get the picture. :lol:

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

Squid wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 pm More than one dance partner here and I do know Tc isn’t granting extensions or offering approved video crm.
I call BS! TC has given extensions for way worse reasons in the past! Maybe they aren’t issuing blanket extensions like they have for medicals, but I would be shocked if they didn’t approve individual requests for extensions.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Let's put it this way: would an airline be spending money on anything these days unless it was absolutely necessary?

Or was it a rogue instructor organizing a class to make some extra money before the inevitable layoffs?

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

NotDirty! wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:47 am
Squid wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 pm More than one dance partner here and I do know Tc isn’t granting extensions or offering approved video crm.
I call BS! TC has given extensions for way worse reasons in the past! Maybe they aren’t issuing blanket extensions like they have for medicals, but I would be shocked if they didn’t approve individual requests for extensions.
Well be shocked then.

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

First let me say i believe re current training can be held off for a period of time. Especially for those whom have done the same training couple of times.

I do find it funny however that someone is pissed about sitting in a class room. Not sure if they were separated or not. However in a Q400 Pilots sit less then 3 feet apart. If you made every passenger sit at the Window the FA would still be within 3 feet of passengers. Maybe someone can tell me the difference.

Zanzibar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Zanzibar »

Sure it's not fake news? Sounds made up.

Return to “WestJet”