ATC application/background check

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

EricaM
Rank 0
Rank 0

ATC application/background check

Post by EricaM »

I am applying for ATC, but my boyfriend has a previous criminal record. Will this affect my application and get me rejected from Nav Canada?
---------- ADS -----------

shortbreads
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: ATC application/background check

Post by shortbreads »

I'd be very surprised. I don't know exactly what was included in the background check, but from the information they asked for I'd say is a police check and a reference check. Nothing that would follow up on someone you lived with, only you. Hope that helps.

atc_is_god
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by atc_is_god »

ATC requires a Secret-level security clearance, with a fingerprint check in Canada (and the U.S., if you've ever resided there), and a 10-yr history of where you have lived.

Not sure what associations are checked as part of the Secret level clearance.

007sparta
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 007sparta »

Your relatives could be currently incarcerated or involved with the mob, so long as you can answer some simple questions (i.e. their DOB, address, and workplace stuff) and have no record of this type of behaviour yourself it should not matter. For lvl 2 (secret) you will likely not have an interview to answer questions about your SOs history. Just answer the questionnaire/form; they will reach out to you for questions if they have any.

TL;DR: No it should not affect your ability to get a lvl 2 clearance

Return to “ATS Question Forum”