Best guess when recalls could happen

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Best guess when recalls could happen

Post by Julian.B »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:49 am Jazz FO schedule for July
https://i.imgur.com/iNiC6sM.png

Encore CPT schedule for July
https://i.imgur.com/D9YiDpY.png

Sure, I'm comparing apples to bananas, but I'd much rather a set schedule for the month than reserve on top of reserve stacked on reserve.

Looks like Jazz isn't best at everything.
Well of course not. Ryanair is better than Jazz when it comes to some things (Pay, destinations, type of aircraft) but that doesn't mean working at Ryanair is actually good.
---------- ADS -----------

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Julian.B wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:52 am

Sure, I'm comparing apples to bananas, but I'd much rather a set schedule for the month than reserve on top of reserve stacked on reserve.

Well of course not. Ryanair is better than Jazz when it comes to some things (Pay, destinations, type of aircraft) but that doesn't mean working at Ryanair is actually good.
I guess at this point, it comes down to where one is happy.

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:06 pm

As someone who spent many years at Jazz and over a decade at Westjet, you cannot compare Encore to Jazz.
Schedule and pay rates are just small parts of an airlines WAWCON’s. It would be more fair to compare Jazz to Westjet mainline.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:49 am

Average fleet age at Jazz, 14 years.

Average fleet age at Encore, 5.7 years.
I have never heard of pilot pay or WAWCON based on age of fleet.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

YC87DRVR wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:25 pm

As someone who spent many years at Jazz and over a decade at Westjet, you cannot compare Encore to Jazz.
Schedule and pay rates are just small parts of an airlines WAWCON’s. It would be more fair to compare Jazz to Westjet mainline.
I don't understand. WAWCON stands for wages and working conditions. What else can we quantifiably measure?

straight2thepoint
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by straight2thepoint »

Julian.B wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:13 am "while Sky Regional guys got a job and got their equipment protected..."
Julian.B wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:27 am "...and protection on the BEST AIRCRAFT."
This is misleading. Got jobs, yes. Equipment protection, not really. At least as soon as the recall class on Monday the 5th, from Julie's mouth: "As soon as the next equipment bid, which will hopefully be in August, it is highly unlikely you will be able to hold the Embraer." This is in reference to current FOs on the 175 from Sky coming over, obviously.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

straight2thepoint wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:27 pm
Julian.B wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:13 am "while Sky Regional guys got a job and got their equipment protected..."
Julian.B wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:27 am "...and protection on the BEST AIRCRAFT."
This is misleading. Got jobs, yes. Equipment protection, not really. At least as soon as the recall class on Monday the 5th, from Julie's mouth: "As soon as the next equipment bid, which will hopefully be in August, it is highly unlikely you will be able to hold the Embraer." This is in reference to current FOs on the 175 from Sky coming over, obviously.
But didn't you know that Jazz is better than everywhere else just because?

It's like how people who go to Western think that their schooling is better than everyone else's.

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

I'm not sure who "Julie" is. Manager? Well that's good. At least Jazz pilots can bid on the Embraer. None the less; the fact that Sky Regional were hired at Jazz as DOH and with no interview is amazing by itself. It really sets a great example, although completly misplaced. It's like winning a war and telling your enemies they can join your army and have dibs on ranks above your own soldiers. Pretty crappy situation. I am willing to bet a left nut that if that ever went to a vote, it would have never been approved by Jazz pilots. Their union sold them out. Pure and simple. Everything else is circumstantial.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Average fleet age at Jazz, 14 years.

Average fleet age at Encore, 5.7 years.
I don’t care how old my plane is at Jazz. It’s probably older than you are. :wink:
If Jazz wants to pay me 11-12k a month to work 2-3 days on reserve, I’m not going to complain. 8)

Let’s Go Brandon
YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:05 pm

I don't understand. WAWCON stands for wages and working conditions. What else can we quantifiably measure?
Well my whole point was there’s many other things to look at then just pay and schedule and that’s not to say Encore is even better at those. Heck I flew more on the 37 then I did at Jazz. But other very important things to consider are health/dental which is 1000x better at Jazz than any of the WJ group and retirement savings plans. You may not think so but wait till your get in you later years and have children.
Literally the only advantages Encore has is reserve, aircraft age(lol doesn’t matter) and no interview if you want to go to mainline. That’s it.

straight2thepoint
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by straight2thepoint »

Julian.B wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:13 am Their union sold them out. Pure and simple.
Their union is/was our union. Pure and simple. This all played out just the way Big Red wanted it. Jazz, Sky, Georgian, we were/are all just puppets in their game. That's what needs to be understood.

On a similar note, don't be surprised when United swoops in and buys 49% of AC.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Julian.B wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:54 pm
I'm not sure who "Julie" is. Manager? Well that's good. At least Jazz pilots can bid on the Embraer. None the less; the fact that Sky Regional were hired at Jazz as DOH and with no interview is amazing by itself. It really sets a great example, although completly misplaced. It's like winning a war and telling your enemies they can join your army and have dibs on ranks above your own soldiers. Pretty crappy situation. I am willing to bet a left nut that if that ever went to a vote, it would have never been approved by Jazz pilots. Their union sold them out. Pure and simple. Everything else is circumstantial.
Jazz was at war with Sky Regional? That's news to me.

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

straight2thepoint wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:16 pm On a similar note, don't be surprised when United swoops in and buys 49% of AC.
Oh? That would be good I would say. A much needed investment can be a good thing for Air Canada. I thought foreign airlines can't invest in Canadian carriers more than 25%. Did they raise it to 49%? I honestly don't know what the laws are.

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:34 pm Jazz was at war with Sky Regional? That's news to me.
Well, maybe my "war" analogy was a little dramatic, but Sky Regional was created to undermine Jazz and Air Canada pilots. They got great airplanes and some of the best routes. They were flying the same planes Mainline guys did, for half the cost. Anyway, I'm starting to repeat myself. I don't have much more to add. If Jazz pilots are happy with their union and having 200+ pilots slide above them in seniority (even with the retirements, etc), then so be it. I don't think that guy that returned to McDonalds was happy about it. I think I saw a post on TIYCP.

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

Julian.B wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:11 am
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:34 pm Jazz was at war with Sky Regional? That's news to me.
Well, maybe my "war" analogy was a little dramatic, but Sky Regional was created to undermine Jazz and Air Canada pilots. They got great airplanes and some of the best routes. They were flying the same planes Mainline guys did, for half the cost. Anyway, I'm starting to repeat myself. I don't have much more to add. If Jazz pilots are happy with their union and having 200+ pilots slide above them in seniority (even with the retirements, etc), then so be it. I don't think that guy (Jazz Dash capt) that returned to McDonalds was happy about it. I think I saw a post on TIYCP.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

YC87DRVR wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:36 pm

Well my whole point was there’s many other things to look at then just pay and schedule and that’s not to say Encore is even better at those. Heck I flew more on the 37 then I did at Jazz. But other very important things to consider are health/dental which is 1000x better at Jazz than any of the WJ group and retirement savings plans. You may not think so but wait till your get in you later years and have children.
Literally the only advantages Encore has is reserve, aircraft age(lol doesn’t matter) and no interview if you want to go to mainline. That’s it.
What is encores retirement now that they don’t have stock anymore? Can they still do a match or is it gone?

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

fish4life wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:15 am
YC87DRVR wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:36 pm

What is encores retirement now that they don’t have stock anymore? Can they still do a match or is it gone?
Retirement, who cares, their planes are 5.77484 years old on average........ 😝

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

Further recalls have been sent today, any news on DOH of juniors?

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

September 2019 from what I’ve heard.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

How many is left to be recalled (including SKV)?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”