Jazz Recalls?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Jazz Recalls?

Post by rudder »

Sharklasers wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:37 pm
mbav8r wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:47 pm
This slope you’re on has some slippery ramifications, when unions start fighting for their piece of the pie, you can bet some 100s would be added to the fleet, you’re dreaming if you think otherwise.
Lol I think your the one dreaming on that big man.
Ill take that bet any day of the week. Im sorry to tell you that your baby jets with there outrageous CASM are gone for good. Not even the big bad ACPA pilots being mean to Mr.Rovenscue by trying to enforce their mutually agreed upon contract are going to bring them back.
Last time trough the AC CCAA car wash the ‘regional pilots’ fared pretty well. Ended up with a fleet of 140+ aircraft.

Same CCAA counsel has already been retained. Best in the business.

Right now that is the direction this is all pointing. The Jazz pilots will be fine no matter what.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

21cdnflyer wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:52 am
rxl wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:05 am NO ONE’S stake in this is any more or any less important than anyone else’s.
When ACPA pilots are jobless and regional guys are getting paycheck, there’s a major issue. So yes, the Air Canada pilot’s stake is what matters here; and is more important.
I guess you should have stayed at Jazz then. :mrgreen: When you screw up my Tim Hortons order on my way to work there’s a major issue. 8)

Let’s Go Brandon
rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

Sharklasers wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:03 am
rxl wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:05 am Not sure where I said anything about “bad people”.
We all have a stake in this and need to make sure that the things within our control are on track to help get things back towards normal and to get all of our colleagues back to work no matter what airline they work for. NO ONE’S stake in this is any more or any less important than anyone else’s.
Good luck with the grievance, but I have a hard time seeing how it’s helpful in the current situation.
I do not understand how you do not understand that this is 0 sum.
Every passenger flown on a MPA/MJA is a passenger not flown on AC mainline metal. So the growth of the Jaz/sky fleet comes at the expense and furlough of an AC pilot. Alot of the trunk routes being flown by the regionals could be flown by mainline with some consolidation. The entire contingent of emb pilots can fly the 175 next week. You cannot possibly argue that there is no harm.
I too am interested in all pilots getting back to work but not at the expense of the ACPA pilots. We are running a union not a charity, we cannot be giving away entire sections of the contract for nothing in return.

Mbav8r, the threat that AC will go out to the desert source and bring back 50 clapped out parked RJ-100s during a time of massive contraction to stick it to the pilot union is silly and you know it.
"So the growth of the Jaz/sky fleet comes at the expense and furlough of an AC pilot." Growth? What growth? The current version of the Jazz CPA has fleet REDUCTIONS through most of its term. No growth here. Any growth in pilot numbers that there was at Jazz pre-pandemic was primarily to feed pilots to MAINLINE growth. Haven't seen the furlough of any AC pilot caused by Jazz/Sky growth.

"Alot of the trunk routes being flown by the regionals could be flown by mainline with some consolidation." No argument there. Ever hear of the "Regional Replacement Agreement"? However, why do you think your management has chosen to operate as it does with respect to the CPA? Why do you think that there are minimum guarantees written into the CPA?

"The entire contingent of emb pilots can fly the 175 next week. You cannot possibly argue that there is no harm." I think that the Skyregional pilot group and the Skyregional CPA may have a thing or two to say about that. And let’s be very clear about where the current “harm” is coming from. It certainly is not from the Express pilot groups.

"We are running a union not a charity, we cannot be giving away entire sections of the contract for nothing in return." Agreed. except no one said anything about giving away entire sections of the contract. What needs to be done is to ensure the company has the tools it needs right now to negotiate its way through the mess of the pandemic and come out the other side as strong as possible. If YOU come out of the other side with nothing in return, and the blame game inevitably begins, you’ll need look no further than the mirror. It certainly won't be the fault of the Express Pilots.

Good Luck to All!!

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

Jumped on this site after dealing with real life for a few months and holy sh!t what a cluster fu*k....

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Are you seriously fighting and bickering over who has more right to work and who should be laid off?? What the fu*k... are we pilots in a professional industry or are we a bunch of 5 year olds throwing temper tantrums?

We’re going through a bull sh!t global pandemic that’s affecting EVERYONE and ppl’s lives are getting completely blown up, some quite seriously, and our pilot group puts this on display for everyone to see? Holy sh!t.

If we can’t rally together in a time like this to make our industry stronger and better... we’re seriously screwed moving forward.

Perhaps I should stay off this site for a few more months... all I see here is a bunch of cry babies giving management even more excuses to manipulate and divide our ranks.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

Transition9er2 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:04 pm Jumped on this site after dealing with real life for a few months and holy sh!t what a cluster fu*k....

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Are you seriously fighting and bickering over who has more right to work and who should be laid off?? What the fu*k... are we pilots in a professional industry or are we a bunch of 5 year olds throwing temper tantrums?

We’re going through a bull sh!t global pandemic that’s affecting EVERYONE and ppl’s lives are getting completely blown up, some quite seriously, and our pilot group puts this on display for everyone to see? Holy sh!t.

If we can’t rally together in a time like this to make our industry stronger and better... we’re seriously screwed moving forward.

Perhaps I should stay off this site for a few more months... all I see here is a bunch of cry babies giving management even more excuses to manipulate and divide our ranks.
Mate it has nothing to do with saying who should be laid off or not.

It's very simple. SCOPE.

If you wanted job security maybe not choosing to stick it out at a CPA regional contractor would have been a better idea. That's pretty much the only reason I left for AC. Everything about Jazz is better contractually other than the pay and the fact that AC owns the flying, and Jazz is a contractor.

I don't get what's so hard to understand about this?

AA123455
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AA123455 »

Am I crazy to say that the Chorus-AC contract is stronger than the AC-ACPA contract?

I mean, Chorus has a long term contract with AC. After all kinds of talk about “Force Majeurs” and whatever, it hasn’t happened, and AC keeps paying Chorus almost exactly what it paid them for his time last year.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I’d predict Jazz at %80 capacity with full call backs for All pilots before AC gets anymore flying.

If you can’t make money on a domestic or USA route with a RJ, there’s no way you’d make money on the same route with a AirBus or Boeing.

AA123455
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AA123455 »

I’m not a betting man, but if I was I’d say that Sky Regional struggles until it’s contract is up (2028 I think?) then it goes extinct.

Jazz continues strong until 2035 and beyond with its baseline Payments from AC of 85 tails, and all pilots are called back when the Sky contract is over to absorb the Sky flying.

AC is hit the hardest and is the last company to see full call backs for pilots, as international flying will be the slowest to rebound.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

AA123455 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:27 pm Am I crazy to say that the Chorus-AC contract is stronger than the AC-ACPA contract?

I mean, Chorus has a long term contract with AC. After all kinds of talk about “Force Majeurs” and whatever, it hasn’t happened, and AC keeps paying Chorus almost exactly what it paid them for his time last year.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I’d predict Jazz at %80 capacity with full call backs for All pilots before AC gets anymore flying.

If you can’t make money on a domestic or USA route with a RJ, there’s no way you’d make money on the same route with a AirBus or Boeing.
Yes you are. ACPA doesn't need a "long term contract" like Chorus/Jazz does because the flying is by default ours.

The fact this even needs to be explained. 🤦‍♂️

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

planebored wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:01 pm
AA123455 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:27 pm Am I crazy to say that the Chorus-AC contract is stronger than the AC-ACPA contract?

Yes you are. ACPA doesn't need a "long term contract" like Chorus/Jazz does because the flying is by default ours.

I do wonder if you were a Rouge pilot and say mid 2021 AC is looking to repeat history and list it as on the market to raise more capital as a separate entity with a long term contract, would you feel the same? Take some time to think about that, let it sink in because in CCAA all bets are off and everything is on the table.
Your flying, who cares, Jazz has a long term contract to do a minimum amount of it, given how many aircraft are parked I doubt there is a violation of the fleet limit. Remember the SJA doesn’t count, it’s notwithstanding and Sky Regional flying counts as mainline flying, it’s written in your contract that way, brilliant.
Anyhow, time will tell but I won’t lose any sleep over it

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
AA123455
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AA123455 »

By “default ours,” I assume you mean the flying belongs to mainline employees?

I’ve never understood that logic, where does it say only air Canada employees can operate air Canada booked passangers or fly air Canada branded planes? I understand there’s a scope clause for mainline above 78 seats, but how strong is that, and I’m sure that could be undone in either arbitration or in a CCA situation. And what’s stoping air Canada from having Jazz/sky do %100 of the domestic and USA flying?

Mainline has another 12 months of cash on hand at the current burn rate before the government steps in, or they go broke. Any talk of having an employee union force the company to move flying into a higher cost model and away from a lean regional is just silly.

When the ship is about to sink, don’t fight over who gets the best rations in the mess. Get the ship through the storm, then fight over the scraps in the kitchen.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

AA123455 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:28 am

I’ve never understood that logic, where does it say only air Canada employees can operate air Canada booked passangers or fly air Canada branded planes? I understand there’s a scope clause for mainline above 78 seats, but how strong is that, and I’m sure that could be undone in either arbitration or in a CCA situation. And what’s stoping air Canada from having Jazz/sky do %100 of the domestic and USA flying?

Mainline has another 12 months of cash on hand at the current burn rate before the government steps in, or they go broke. Any talk of having an employee union force the company to move flying into a higher cost model and away from a lean regional is just silly.

When the ship is about to sink, don’t fight over who gets the best rations in the mess. Get the ship through the storm, then fight over the scraps in the kitchen.
It's the first paragraph of the collective agreement, and Canadian labour law backs that up.

And you're mistaken there isn't a scope clause above 78 seats. There's one for less. And everything above is ours, we don't have to "scope" our flying.

Again, the fact this needs to be explained is kind of hilarious.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

mbav8r wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:40 pm
Sky Regional flying counts as mainline flying, it’s written in your contract that way, brilliant.
Anyhow, time will tell but I won’t lose any sleep over it
I’m not sure where you got that nugget of fake news but you are wrong. Sky’s flying is covered in the same article as the rest of the third party contractor flying.
Again, here is the ACPA collective agreement in case you want to stop looking foolish when you make shit up.
http://negotech.labour.gc.ca/eng/agreem ... 23006a.pdf

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

[quote=. Remember the SJA doesn’t count, it’s notwithstanding and Sky Regional flying counts as mainline flying, it’s written in your contract that way, brilliant.

[/quote]

This information origintes from the Jazz YYZ crewroom for sure XD hahaha

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

FL-280 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:42 am
....brilliant?

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

planebored wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:56 am
AA123455 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:28 am

It's the first paragraph of the collective agreement, and Canadian labour law backs that up.

And you're mistaken there isn't a scope clause above 78 seats. There's one for less. And everything above is ours, we don't have to "scope" our flying.

Again, the fact this needs to be explained is kind of hilarious.
Successor rights. A Canadian employer cannot contract out its work to bust a union. The law won't allow it.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

The company will do what it needs to for survival, you cannot justify the current capacity on some of those routes using mainline (and in the near future rouge) equipment.

On the other hand, ACPA will do what it needs to for optics. They need to ensure that a precedent is set that ANY contract violation that comes about will be addressed and if a resolution cannot be found, will be grieved. If they don't do this, where does it end?

Fighting over this now makes no sense, when this grievance wont be resolved for at-least another year if not longer. Who knows what the industry will even look like by then.

This grievance is between ACPA vs. AC.
NOT ACPA pilots vs Express Pilots.

Act accordingly

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Sharklasers wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:57 am
....brilliant?
You guys make it real hard to have any kind of sympathy for your situation, I actually read it myself but can’t seem to find it again, to be honest I may have read it in the small jet agreement that obviously predates SR or misread something else.
I hope you get the Transat merger you deserve

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

iflyroads wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:56 am The company will do what it needs to for survival, you cannot justify the current capacity on some of those routes using mainline (and in the near future rouge) equipment.

On the other hand, ACPA will do what it needs to for optics. They need to ensure that a precedent is set that ANY contract violation that comes about will be addressed and if a resolution cannot be found, will be grieved. If they don't do this, where does it end?

Fighting over this now makes no sense, when this grievance wont be resolved for at-least another year if not longer. Who knows what the industry will even look like by then.

This grievance is between ACPA vs. AC.
NOT ACPA pilots vs Express Pilots.

Act accordingly
Agreed

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

mbav8r wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:14 am
....brilliant?
You guys make it real hard to have any kind of sympathy for your situation, I actually read it myself but can’t seem to find it again, to be honest I may have read it in the small jet agreement that obviously predates SR or misread something else.
Man, are you STILL sore about the PFO? Let it go already... Whats done is done.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:18 am
mbav8r wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:14 am

....brilliant?
Man, are you STILL sore about the PFO? Let it go already... Whats done is done.
That’s funny that you think I’d give up my DB pension for your DC pension

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”