New Hires

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: New Hires

Post by Mac08 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:36 am
Mac08 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:35 am
a2btrail wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:20 am

I heard just yesterday of 3 E175 CA's from Jazz leaving for POE next month.
Good. Hope they enjoy the Sky Regional trash that now plagues Jazz.
Planes, or people, or both?
The Embraers are no doubt pure garbage but it's the constant complaining Sky pilots.
---------- ADS -----------

Drainmast
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Drainmast »

Mac08 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:41 am

The Embraers are no doubt pure garbage but it's the constant complaining Sky pilots.
Why do you think they complain so much? Couldn’t be because things used to be better for them could it?

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

rudder wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:40 am
ethereal wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:34 am Looks like certification is just around the corner. Lots of DEC offers going out.
What will hurt Jazz the most is if there are E175 ACP departures. Line pilots can be replaced. CCP is tougher.

I presume POE is looking for E-jet ACP that will receive quick TC approval.
There is at least 2 ACP on the EMB leaving in Sept to my knowledge. that's not counting Training pilots leaving too.

Let them deny and continue to offer crappy pay. the wall is not far.

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

ethereal wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:34 am Looks like certification is just around the corner. Lots of DEC offers going out.
I feel you, you been on the Kool Aid for so long, reality must hurt :goodman:

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

I think we're arriving at a tipping point in Canadian aviation where operators are starting to realize they will have to actually compete for crews attention.

I figure a big determinent on how agressively the non-flag carriers will have to fight to attract the attention of those in the industry will hinge on ACs pilot contract refresher come 2023. If AC really pulls out the stops in the next agreement, crews with xp will filter from the regionals up and leave a deep void to fill.

At this point though, Jazz has to come up quite a bit if they want to compete in catching the interest of those in the experience pool. FOs I figure, talent and pay is fairly comparable right now. Both operators (Porter and Jazz) are pulling from colleges, and depth of xp from those candidates is fairly limited for at least a few more years.

Hearing Porter suck up a bunch of high end Sky guys should make for interesting times for an operator already struggling to keep XP in the left seat (Jazz).

Hence, tipping point. How will the AC managers manipulate the situation this time to keep things status quo? 🤔

Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mac08 »

Drainmast wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:29 pm

Why do you think they complain so much? Couldn’t be because things used to be better for them could it?
Things must’ve been so good that Sky ceases to exist.

Ever hear the story of when the Embraers started at Jazz a Sky Check Pilot - C H - had a little temper tantrum like a 12 year old? Kicking the J class seats and swearing in front of the passengers. Didn’t like being told what to do by crew scheduling. Real professional.

Sorry Sky guys you can’t walk all over everyone like you used to do… Be an adult and just refuse OT/say no to UOC if you want to get back at them.

More Sky guys that leave for Porter the better.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Mac08 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:24 pm

Ever hear the story of when the Embraers started at Jazz a Sky Check Pilot - C H - had a little temper tantrum like a 12 year old? Kicking the J class seats and swearing in front of the passengers. Didn’t like being told what to do by crew scheduling. Real professional.

Sorry Sky guys you can’t walk all over everyone like you used to do… Be an adult and just refuse OT/say no to UOC if you want to get back at them.

Be interesting to see if those guys can find a new home at Porter. C.P is ex-Sky.

Sky Reg was never going to last as they became the more expensive product after unionization.

With 50 firms order, and 30 in the wing, it seems Porter is here to stay. That is until Air Canada/Westjet aggressively try to ruin their pricing strategy on all their routes. And when that fails, sucks away all the talent.

Drainmast
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Drainmast »

Mac08 obviously you’re out for a good troll but at least get some facts straight. You have no idea what you are talking about and everything you have posted is incorrect. Guess you should have bid the RJ if you don’t like the Sky guys/gals.

Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mac08 »

Drainmast wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:53 am

Mac08 obviously you’re out for a good troll but at least get some facts straight. You have no idea what you are talking about and everything you have posted is incorrect. Guess you should have bid the RJ if you don’t like the Sky guys/gals.
Get real. Just ask any of the crew that was on the plane with him and they’ll confirm it. He’s a child and so is majority of Sky Regional. Good riddance.

Drainmast
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Drainmast »

Bruh, if you had one sober brain cell you would know Jazz management wouldn’t condone that behaviour. It sounds like you have an axe to grind with training department/175 pilots. Instead of coming on here and trashing a check pilot, the training department(again), jazz management and ultimately the Jazz MEC who brought the 175 pilots along with planes, why don’t you look in a mirror and that person in there is the person causing all your problems.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Mac08 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:37 am Get real. Just ask any of the crew that was on the plane with him and they’ll confirm it. He’s a child and so is majority of Sky Regional. Good riddance.
So you're painting a group by one individual. I could 100% name JAZZ pilots and say the same thing. In fact in my 20 year career, there is only 3 pilots I would never fly with again. Guess what, two are from my time at Jazz. Guess I could say all Jazz pilots are weenies.

You sound like someone who wants your number to go higher, regardless of who you step on.

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:48 am

Be interesting to see if those guys can find a new home at Porter. C.P is ex-Sky.

Sky Reg was never going to last as they became the more expensive product after unionization.

With 50 firms order, and 30 in the wing, it seems Porter is here to stay. That is until Air Canada/Westjet aggressively try to ruin their pricing strategy on all their routes. And when that fails, sucks away all the talent.
With all these orders how many pilots will Porter need in the next year or so and where are they going to find them or come from? Thanks again

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

ellinas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:00 pm

With all these orders how many pilots will Porter need in the next year or so and where are they going to find them or come from? Thanks again
That is a great question. I'm not sure what airlines need to maintain a full schedule, but my best guess would be 8-10 pilots per aircraft, necessitating 500-800 new hires. That would be my best guess looking at it from the outside in anticipating reserve coverage.

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:10 pm

That is a great question. I'm not sure what airlines need to maintain a full schedule, but my best guess would be 8-10 pilots per aircraft, necessitating 500-800 new hires. That would be my best guess looking at it from the outside in anticipating reserve coverage.
Thank you for reaching out much appreciated, 8-10 pilots per airplane really! I assumed 4-6 and 500-800 pilots just for this wow! I’m curious where are they going to get them from?

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mac08 »

Drainmast wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:24 am Bruh, if you had one sober brain cell you would know Jazz management wouldn’t condone that behaviour. It sounds like you have an axe to grind with training department/175 pilots. Instead of coming on here and trashing a check pilot, the training department(again), jazz management and ultimately the Jazz MEC who brought the 175 pilots along with planes, why don’t you look in a mirror and that person in there is the person causing all your problems.
Clearly they did because all he got was a couple week suspension.

I don't have an axe to grind with the training department at all, I'm just highlighting the fact a check pilot, not just a regular pilot was having a temper tantrum like a 12 year old. It's embarrassing.

Maybe tell your fellow E175 gang to go through puberty and then you wouldn't be the laughing stock of the airline.

Drainmast
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Drainmast »

More incorrect information. He was never suspended. He was removed from flying just like what would happen with any other pilot while an investigation was ongoing. The findings were that a false accusation was made and he did nothing that he was accused of. There was no recourse from the company because he did nothing. You weren’t there, and clearly you don’t know what happened.

Probably time to put the drink down and go spend some time with your family.

Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mac08 »

Drainmast wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:36 pm More incorrect information. He was never suspended. He was removed from flying just like what would happen with any other pilot while an investigation was ongoing. The findings were that a false accusation was made and he did nothing that he was accused of. There was no recourse from the company because he did nothing. You weren’t there, and clearly you don’t know what happened.

Probably time to put the drink down and go spend some time with your family.
Wrong.

Keep on the band wagon making shit up to defend your child master.

I'm glad my comment about Sky Regional made you salty enough to create an account. Always knew you bunch were thinned skinned.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

ellinas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:24 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:10 pm

Thank you for reaching out much appreciated, 8-10 pilots per airplane really! I assumed 4-6 and 500-800 pilots just for this wow! I’m curious where are they going to get them from?
Eventually...TFWs

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:10 pm That is a great question. I'm not sure what airlines need to maintain a full schedule, but my best guess would be 8-10 pilots per aircraft, necessitating 500-800 new hires. That would be my best guess looking at it from the outside in anticipating reserve coverage.
Factoring in the impact of CAR’s on crew efficiency and assuming optimal volume of aircraft utilization, staffing at 10 pilots per airframe would be the bare minimum.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

rudder wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:39 am
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:10 pm That is a great question. I'm not sure what airlines need to maintain a full schedule, but my best guess would be 8-10 pilots per aircraft, necessitating 500-800 new hires. That would be my best guess looking at it from the outside in anticipating reserve coverage.
Factoring in the impact of CAR’s on crew efficiency and assuming optimal volume of aircraft utilization, staffing at 10 pilots per airframe would be the bare minimum.
Right on, I figure Porter currently is in the neighborhood of 10 pilots on the Dash product, but I forgot with the EMB stage length they would definitely need to increase this number.

Where are they going to find all these pilots? Sure, there's going to be an initial transition of talent for the first year, but eventually they'll just become apart of the mix again.

How are they going to compete for that talent? AC still has a strong draw for lots of experienced pilots who can afford the 5 figure salary in Toronto.

Very curious.

Return to “Porter Airlines”