More layoffs coming!

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

theflyinghotdog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: More layoffs coming!

Post by theflyinghotdog »

-
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by theflyinghotdog on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

theflyinghotdog wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:24 pm Aprox 10 laid off January
30 laid off February
30 laid off March and potentially more added into the March list in the coming days.

Keep your heads up everyone. Wish the best outcome for all.
Sorry to hear that. How many are left working after March?

theflyinghotdog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by theflyinghotdog »

-

Last edited by theflyinghotdog on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
200Above
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 200Above »

At least JAZZ,PORTER,ENCORE,WESTJET,SUNWING,AIR TRANSAT are getting CEWS while everyone at Sky who is laid off is not. Only active employees are on CEWS which makes zero sense.
Sorry to hear that... as someone whos been furloughed (along with the other 599) with no CEWS, it sucks. Sucks a lot.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I heard they are shutting down operations on March 1 for 2 months. Source was fairly reliable.

Let’s Go Brandon
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:19 pm I heard they are shutting down operations on March 1 for 2 months. Source was fairly reliable.
Skyregional is showing operating flights out of YYZ/YUL for March on the AC website. Unless it is the AC plan to substitute mainline or Jazz equipment on those flights, it would appear that it will continue operating albeit on a grossly reduced schedule.

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

rudder wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 am
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:19 pm I heard they are shutting down operations on March 1 for 2 months. Source was fairly reliable.
Skyregional is showing operating flights out of YYZ/YUL for March on the AC website. Unless it is the AC plan to substitute mainline or Jazz equipment on those flights, it would appear that it will continue operating albeit on a grossly reduced schedule.
Sky Regional is not shutting down operations on March 1st, however, as Rudder said, they are operating on a grossly reduced schedule. Current hours are ~10% of what would normally be allotted for the month of March. Another 5-10 pilots will be laid off on March 15th, leaving 64-69 pilots active with the company.

Sky is also doubling down on their lack of participation in CEWS (along with Air Canada) stating that they are "fully aligned with their customer on this topic", which is interesting, considering that Jazz is also an AC Express carrier and they've managed to continue participating in CEWS. This is shameful conduct - I hope that when life goes back to normal, Sky's employees will remember the lack of regard that their senior management had for them and their livelihoods.

I wish all the best to my former colleagues - I hope that this pandemic will turn the corner soon and that the situation will improve for all of us.

Return to “Air Canada”