Equipment bid

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Equipment bid

Post by mbav8r »

flyingcanuck wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:51 am [quote=mbav8r post_id=<a href="tel:1137784">1137784</a> time=<a href="tel:1608304145">1608304145</a> user_id=8159]
[quote=seriousflyer post_id=<a href="tel:1137720">1137720</a> time=<a href="tel:1608271636">1608271636</a> user_id=31302]
So is there a system wide bid in January or not ?
Historically, we don’t usually find out until just before or even after the date required in the contract, I believe it is January 15.
Edit: January 15 is the date, caveat being, *if* a bid is required, the company will post it by...
This year could be different as the potential for disruption is there, in my opinion, no bid would be ideal for the current excess Captains.
If the forecast is for increased summer flying beyond 50% of 2019, maybe some recalls, this is however very unlikely, maybe the fall bid will be more optimistic.
[/quote]

Probably get an email saying the union has agreed to move that date to much later in the year or something like that. Id be surprised if they guaranteed there would NOT be one, I assume they'll just keep pushing it back
[/quote]
They don’t really need to do that, below is the language in the contract. If a bid is required it is to be put out Jan 15 and Aug 15, if not required no bid. Section B is for any other time of the year or our current situation.

“a) If a Pilot Position bid is required in accordance with Section 5 the Company shall post the bid on the fifteenth (15th) of January and the fifteenth (15th) of August of each Year.
b) By mutual agreement between the Company and the CRC, additional Pilot Position bids may be posted. Where an additional Pilot Position bid is required to address the circumstances of a Pilot layoff, Association consent shall not be required for the Company to post such Pilot Position bid”
---------- ADS -----------

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

mbav8r wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:23 pm ....
Ah yeah thanks for correcting me. For some reason I had it in my head that the winter one was optional but not the second.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Jan 2021-1 Bid is officially delayed until at least Feb 15, 2021.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

KenoraPilot wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:18 pm Jan 2021-1 Bid is officially delayed until at least Feb 15, 2021.
Do you think that means they will be going through with it?

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

From the sounds of it, they have not received appropriate information from AC as to this years forecast and will be delaying.

They might not even run the bid if its deemed to be too costly to both the association and the company.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/Air-Can ... Reductions

Sadly, more cuts underway. With this being said, it’s also a pandemic that’s costing lives so I get the requirement for people to not travel as to not potentially spread the virus.

On the other hand, it’s not AC’s responsibility to subsidize unused unsustainable air travel for Canada.

I have no clue what our airlines will look like when it’s all said and done.. nevermind everyone’s careers. One has to wonder why we’re the only G7 country to not directly support the aviation sector.

CEWS will never and can’t never replace the loss of benefits, pension, travel and wages people have worked so incredibly hard for.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Rowdy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 am From the sounds of it, they have not received appropriate information from AC as to this years forecast and will be delaying.

They might not even run the bid if its deemed to be too costly to both the association and the company.
There will be a bid in 2021. Might not be February but it will happen by August.

Bids look out 12 months. Obviously visibility on 2021 is problematic. But visibility on 2022 will not be.

Jazz will not be flying at 2019 levels in 2022 so it will be a reduction bid.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

McKinley wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:50 am CEWS will never and can’t never replace the loss of benefits, pension, travel and wages people have worked so incredibly hard for.
And why should it? What makes your airline special?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _of_Canada

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

rudder wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:54 am
Rowdy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 am From the sounds of it, they have not received appropriate information from AC as to this years forecast and will be delaying.

There will be a bid in 2021. Might not be February but it will happen by August.

Bids look out 12 months. Obviously visibility on 2021 is problematic. But visibility on 2022 will not be.

Jazz will not be flying at 2019 levels in 2022 so it will be a reduction bid.
I suspect a bid come summer.. but not at this point. There are too many unknown variables.

Lets hope we see a return to some normalcy here this spring and summer

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

The Feb bid pack looks almost as bad as last April's bid pack. Not sure they can hold an equipment bid based on no one knows whats happening or where the flying will restart again.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Most recent LOU:
no more layoffs/inactiveCEWS for pilots until Oct 1, 2021
No equipment bid until at least Aug 2021 or later
Those on CEWS will be continued until June 5, 2021 when the Govt ends the CEWS & will discuss a continuation if the govt continues it

dash8driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dash8driver »

Congrats! It’s good to see some positive news. However, with news like this all express layoffs have to be sky regional. I would be surprised if there is an airline other than Jazz operating express flights by next October.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”