Medical over the phone?

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

Medical over the phone?

Post by avcraig »

Hey all,

I just called in to get my medical re-booked since it expires on January 1st. The front desk lady told me I could renew it over the phone...to which I replied with obvious confusion. She said that's how it works with Cat 1 renewals, and that the doc could call me if I had anymore questions on how that works. My guess would be this is somehow related to COVID, but she didn't mention anything about that. Long story short, I have the medical booked for over the phone this Wednesday. While I wait for the doc to call, have any of you heard of this or done this? What's it like? Yes, I still need to pay the $180...

I did a quick google search and I found a page which supposedly outlines "Changes to civil aviation medical examinations", but of course the page is down for me so I can't even read it.

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Medical over the phone?

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Renewal of a medical certificate by attestation of fitness and Renewal of a medical certificate via telemedicine consultation
1. The renewal by attestation of fitness shall only be applied to a medical certificate if the following conditions are met:
a) The medical certificate does not bear any limitation or restriction set out in Appendix B of this document; and
b) The health status of the holder of the medical certificate has not changed since his or her preceding medical examination.
If that applies to you, then fill out the form in Appendix A, print a copy for your licence book and email another copy to TC. Save the $180. But if you have a limitation or restriction in Appendix B or have had one or more of the things listed in section 3 of the form, you will need to do the phone call.

Have Pratts - Will Travel
avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by avcraig »

Pratt X 3 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:19 pm Renewal of a medical certificate by attestation of fitness and Renewal of a medical certificate via telemedicine consultation
1. The renewal by attestation of fitness shall only be applied to a medical certificate if the following conditions are met:
a) The medical certificate does not bear any limitation or restriction set out in Appendix B of this document; and
b) The health status of the holder of the medical certificate has not changed since his or her preceding medical examination.
If that applies to you, then fill out the form in Appendix A, print a copy for your licence book and email another copy to TC. Save the $180. But if you have a limitation or restriction in Appendix B or have had one or more of the things listed in section 3 of the form, you will need to do the phone call.
Thanks. Don’t have any limitations as far as I know. Was never told during any of my medicals and I would imagine the limitation would be written on the certificate sticker in my book or on the stamp. I was just told by the lady at the front desk that “the doc will call you on Wednesday at 3pm”.

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by avcraig »

Yup, just checked and “Limitations: None” on the sticker.

Return to “Health & Fitness”